BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 08Aug2006 news release from BMW about their new ABS II and ASC was interesting. They said it would be available on ‘select 2007 models’. The article in the September Motorcycle Consumer News went so far as to say the new Integral ABS II would be on all models current using the EVO system starting this fall (except the LT).

Can anyone verify that the 2007 model GTs now in production will have the new ABS II? Mine’s in line for production on week 38, so I’m very interested… thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
yes
they all have abs ii
mine is on the water now....
to be here in 2 weeks
only in 2/07 will asc be AN OPTION
but all '07s (some already made) have abs ii
the teves system is now the ONLY system that bmw will have

welcome to the forum, by the way

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys.

And thanks for the verification Greg. I really look forward to hearing a ride report from you; especially concerning the new brake system. I was okay with the EVO system on my '04 GT, but the pump noise was a bit much at times. Not having that will be nice...
Did you order the TPM on your '07?

·
Registered
68 Posts
morty said:
Thanks for the welcome guys.

And thanks for the verification Greg. I really look forward to hearing a ride report from you; especially concerning the new brake system. I was okay with the EVO system on my '04 GT, but the pump noise was a bit much at times. Not having that will be nice...
Did you order the TPM on your '07?
TPM?
i was originally told that it would be standard
then... i was told that, like the ASC, it wouldn't be an option until 2/07
so...
i guess i'm not getting it... which doesn't make me happy at all

no big deal
i check my tires before every ride, of course.... anyway

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TPM – that’s exactly why I have a week 38 bike, and not one on the boat with yours! I had an early deposit on the first Crystal Grey ’06 GT to hit Seattle… then I found out that they didn’t have the TPM. My dealer then told me that it would be a STANDARD FEATURE on the ‘07s. So I elected to wait for a bike from the first ‘07 production run this month.
THEN a few weeks later I read a note by eljeffe listing the new ‘options’ for the ‘07s… (He indicated that the Xenon headlight would not be available for some time, and that the ASC wouldn’t come till early next year as well. But the TPM -as an OPTION- is available at the start of the ’07 run). TPM is option # 530, and costs $260… SO, I had to order another bike to get the option added… which puts me at week 38… bummer!

I got the latest 2007 price list… eljeffe posted it above – see the second sticky: Updated Pricing and Options for the 2007 K1200GT…

At least I am happy to hear that waiting a little longer will also get me the new brakes…

This whole experience has proven that you guys (on this forum) are much more IN THE KNOW than most of the guys at the BMW dealership!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
morty said:
TPM – that’s exactly why I have a week 38 bike, and not one on the boat with yours! I had an early deposit on the first Crystal Grey ’06 GT to hit Seattle… then I found out that they didn’t have the TPM. My dealer then told me that it would be a STANDARD FEATURE on the ‘07s. So I elected to wait for a bike from the first ‘07 production run this month.
THEN a few weeks later I read a note by eljeffe listing the new ‘options’ for the ‘07s… (He indicated that the Xenon headlight would not be available for some time, and that the ASC wouldn’t come till early next year as well. But the TPM -as an OPTION- is available at the start of the ’07 run). TPM is option # 530, and costs $260… SO, I had to order another bike to get the option added… which puts me at week 38… bummer!

I got the latest 2007 price list… eljeffe posted it above – see the second sticky: Updated Pricing and Options for the 2007 K1200GT…

At least I am happy to hear that waiting a little longer will also get me the new brakes…

This whole experience has proven that you guys (on this forum) are much more IN THE KNOW than most of the guys at the BMW dealership!!!
hmmmmm
i wish i had the TPM too...
but, i'll get over it
and you thoughts about forum folks knowing INFINITELY more than dealership folks is 10000% true....
and it's been that way for YEARS
and..... it's pretty embarrassing, actually
because, if i worked at a dealer i'd be reading this forum every freakin' day before i put on the first pot of coffee in the morning

·
Registered
838 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
hmmmmm
but, i'll get over it

Greg,

You will be able to add it as a dealer installed option. The bike electronics are already set up for it (presuming you got the BC option) and the dealer only needs to install sensors at the valve stem locations inside the rims.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SKIZIKS said:
ClearwaterBMW said:
hmmmmm
but, i'll get over it

Greg,

You will be able to add it as a dealer installed option. The bike electronics are already set up for it (presuming you got the BC option) and the dealer only needs to install sensors at the valve stem locations inside the rims.
if the price from the factory is $260.00.... i can only IMAGINE how much they will want for the "after-the-fact" install :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
oh.... that would be (relatively) cheap....
did you really hear that price, Joe?

somehow i think my dealer would find a way to put another hour of labor in there at $74.00... and the bill would be $475.00 :wtf

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
No, I didn't hear any price. But the $475 figure is probably not too far off.
will it give the EXACT PRESSURE.... ?
or, only alarm if it drops by a certain amount?

·
Registered
838 Posts
messenger13 said:
The pic of the display I saw gave the exact pressure and temp of each tire, IIRC. It was really cool stuff! I can post a pic of the display tomorrow, if you'd like.
Please post the pic of the display. Is it your understanding we can also add this to '06 machines?

I sure hope so. $475 is worth the convenience. I just love that Oil --- check mark.

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
The pic of the display I saw gave the exact pressure and temp of each tire, IIRC. It was really cool stuff! I can post a pic of the display tomorrow, if you'd like.
oh.... temp, too?
i guess i WILL be getting out my wallet (AGAIN.... UGH) for this one

·
Registered
838 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
oh.... temp, too?
i guess i WILL be getting out my wallet (AGAIN.... UGH) for this one
Use the money you'll save buying Kathy's cases. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts