BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Metallic Grey (Don't know what BMW calls it) 2000 K12RS with 31k miles on it. I took it for a test ride and it sure handles differently than my R11RS...it'll be fun to compare them.

I'll post photos soon and I'm sure I'll be haing lots of questions soon too.

--Jerry

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Stephejl said:
I just bought a Metallic Grey (Don't know what BMW calls it)

--Jerry
Kind of a darkish grey....Look really good in the sunlight??

That'd be Graphite.

Congrat's on the new bike.

tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome

Stephejl said:
I just bought a Metallic Grey (Don't know what BMW calls it) 2000 K12RS with 31k miles on it. I took it for a test ride and it sure handles differently than my R11RS...it'll be fun to compare them.

I'll post photos soon and I'm sure I'll be haing lots of questions soon too.

--Jerry
From the other side of the Atlantic: welcome and enjoy.
And: raising kids sure counts. Even when it's not a fulltime job, it is a continuous proces!
(Says he who has two lovely daugthers in the ages of 7 and 3)

Enjoy your KRS!

Peter

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rode it for the first time today (other than a 5 minute test ride). Wow, what power. Lots of fun. I'm not as smoothe on it yet. It feels like it wants to turn for me. while I'm pushing the R bike thru the turn I'm holding the k-bike back from turning too sharp. I think this is going to be fun.

Lots of improved ergonomics over the R-bike on the handlebar switches and much hotter heated grips.

Only thing I didn't like was the wind hitting me in the chest....perhaps I'll get advice here that I should just get used to it. and perhaps I should. But it's easy to change the windshield and I think I'd like a bigger one for commuting to work in the cold and rain. Any suggestions? I have a parabellum on the R-rs that I like pretty well. Looks like they make one for the K RS for $179 in two heights. I can probably use the shorter height.

Saturday I'm going on a ride over Palomar with a group I've never ridden with before. I think I'll take the R this time rather than the new bike with new people of twisty roads...

Thanks for all the encouragement,
Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.