BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi. Been lurking for a while but didn't want to post before i actually got my '98 K1200RS. Well, picked it up today and i'm very pleased. Upgrading from a '86 K100RS so quite a change for me. Hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully i'll be able to contribute when i get to know this beast a little better.

·
Registered
437 Posts
welcome aboard

we visited u last year. luv your country. two faves ware connemara golf course and kelleybegs in donegal. where is your town located?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome. I just switched over from a Honda VFR, love the GT!

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Ireland

Welcome aboard! You made two great choices so far, the bike, and this forum. Man, you're on a roll. I'm very new here too and so far it's been a positive experience. Enjoy both.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pull a pint for me, brother. :beer: I have been "home" a few times. Family left in 1857.

Enjoy your new ride!

Would love to rent a bike, next time I get there!

·
Registered
433 Posts
tbp said:
Just wanted to say hi. Been lurking for a while but didn't want to post before i actually got my '98 K1200RS. Well, picked it up today and i'm very pleased. Upgrading from a '86 K100RS so quite a change for me. Hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully i'll be able to contribute when i get to know this beast a little better.
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your K1200RS. I've also got a '98 (with mucho miles on it). It's a terrific all around bike.

You'll find this is a very informative forum with members anxious to help you with any problems or questions you may have.

Ken

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Congrats from a fellow newbie!

Good for you! I've always admired the "Taxi Cab" KRS. I've been on the site a while trying to learn from a great bunch of owners. Like you I've found a huge difference between my new K bike and my '92 K1. Amazing bike and one I hope to rack up some serious miles on.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Greatings From Cape Town, South Africa

Well done, you've joined the the brother hood of RS/GT riders world-wide albeit Ireland, USA, Canada, Aus or South Africa the friendliness of this forum never changes & definitely proceeds itself.

I am also fairly new to the forum as well, having purchased a 2004 GT in November 2005.

May you have many km's of safe & enjoyable riding.

All the best from Craig & fellow RS/GT riders in South Africa.

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello there, TBP

A welcome from Holland too! Hope and expect you will enjoy your KRS, like I do mine!
For our sense of community, it would be nice if you fill out your personal profile a bit, like your name, where you live, what kind of job you have etc. Take a look at my profile. Fills you a bit more out as a person!
anyway, Hope to read more from you. I lurked for about a year, then forgot about it, now enjoy our forum a lot

Peter

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome and what a good choice

Hi,

After 23 years out of the saddle I dived in and got a Yellow K12RS, after 9 months I did what I always do, got itchy feet, and I changed it for a K12S. I know I will get flak for saying this....But I do miss the old bike, it had something the K12S misses. You have a lovely bike, I am somewhat jealous.

Andy

·
Registered
51 Posts
saying hey..

Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself having just gotten back into riding after a few years not owning. I fell in love with a 1999 K1200RS that had gone down with a previous rider and have spent quite a few hours searching out the parts I wanted to make it like new. Have most all of them now and am so looking forward to riding it out on the road. I love long rides (flew from Seattle Wa to Nashville Tn last May and rented a new Harley FLHTCUI.. which is their top of the line machine and rode it to Key West Fl a total of 3,000 miles) I have ridden the K12 around in the storage yard where I keep it and have twisted the throttle a few times.. man that thing will FLY!!! I hope that you will enjoy your bike as much as I know I will mine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome tbp

My last bike was an '87 K100RS that I thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread until I rode my buds K12RS. Needless to say, I've had it 3 seasons (20Kmiles) and it continues to thrill me. I bought it totalled with 745 miles on the odo and put a new short block in it. It is a VERY well built machine; you'll get 100k+ miles easily.

They love to be spanked!

·
Registered
128 Posts
:thumb: Top 'o the morning to ye....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mr. Vanguard when did you order an 06GT? Are you keeping this a secret other than from your forum members, with the exception of me????????????

I bet my order was in before yours!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi and welcome, I bought a 98 K1200rs in dakar yellow from e-bay last year and I love it. :) looking fwd to many miles of biking.

enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to my forum!

Thor,
Small world huh?

Just wondering if you were enjoying the BMW shirt I mailed to you?

Funny how I never received the one you promised in return.

Noel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts