BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

just a quick question.. Is there a new K1200GT in 2008 or is it still the good old 2006 model ??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,680 Posts
'06 was the only one with electrically-assisted servo brakes. No Xenon lights either in the U.S. as DOT said, "Ewww! They're so bright and blue!" No drain plug on final drive either as they thought the oil would last forever....at first....and then mucky stuff came out.

'07 began traction control and dropped the electric servos. Added Xenon lights in U.S. as well as the tire pressure monitor on later year models, which was sporadic as their wheel distributor went bust. Some seat improvements showed in 3rd quarter as aftermarket couldn't keep up with painful first-run seat.

'08's are built with whatever they had leftover - airboxes too. They also toned down the CG color with a bit of eco-friendly green to satisfy the dang CA CHP who go monkey-nuts when the see the CG color. Least they don't have a red color. <damhik!> :D

09' model? :confused:

Mack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Forgot on thing.......

GMack said:
'06 was the only one with electrically-assisted servo brakes. No Xenon lights either in the U.S. as DOT said, "Ewww! They're so bright and blue!" No drain plug on final drive either as they thought the oil would last forever....at first....and then mucky stuff came out.

'07 began traction control and dropped the electric servos. Added Xenon lights in U.S. as well as the tire pressure monitor on later year models, which was sporadic as their wheel distributor went bust. Some seat improvements showed in 3rd quarter as aftermarket couldn't keep up with painful first-run seat.

'08's are built with whatever they had leftover - airboxes too. They also toned down the CG color with a bit of eco-friendly green to satisfy the dang CA CHP who go monkey-nuts when the see the CG color. Least they don't have a red color. <damhik!> :D

09' model? :confused:

Mack


During '07 they also began to offer the Stability Control. It was special order only!

Just thought I would throw that out there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
bnash88 said:
During '07 they also began to offer the Stability Control. It was special order only!

Just thought I would throw that out there!
I bought a 2007 and it has the stability control. I didn't special order it, but I did get the bike with all the options. Later in the year it must've been added as an option.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
My late-built (April 2007) K1200GT came with all of the options, including TPM and ASC (stability control), except for the alarm system. In addition, it came with the improved seats.
 

·
Would rather be riding
Joined
·
537 Posts
Ditto

XMagnaRider said:
My late-built (April 2007) K1200GT came with all of the options, including TPM and ASC (stability control), except for the alarm system. In addition, it came with the improved seats.
Ditto. Everything but the alarm on mine too, not a special order, purchased August '07.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top