BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my sources told me about a radio option for the K1200GT, things started making more sense. After comparing the R1200RT cockpit to the K1200GT, it appears that the rumors of the radio option look more and more plausible.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can't Fault your logic... That's a definite maybe :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I opened the compartment and looked at it as well as the rest of the bike in Atlanta. Good luck getting a pair of winter gloves in there the Gerbings gloves will definatly not fit! Too small and doubtfull any BMW radio will fit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
And where would the speakers go?
I'll be putting XM on mine, probally in the tank bag with a mix-it for volume and to mix in my radar detector. Ear buds, no external speakers

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BamaCop said:
I opened the compartment and looked at it as well as the rest of the bike in Atlanta. Good luck getting a pair of winter gloves in there the Gerbings gloves will definatly not fit! Too small and doubtfull any BMW radio will fit.
I had posted that back in November, before I'd talked to my sources at BMW. Not only is the compartment too small, but there are other items behind the panel where the radio buttons would go that preclude a radio from being added. Throw in the question regarding the location of speakers, and you guys are right that radio probably isn't in the future of the GT.

But, I still plan on adding a Sirius radio, FRS, and iPod via an Autocom to my GT when it comes in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts