BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all.

I am the proud owner of a 2006 k1200r , picked it up yesterday....it only has 15700 ks on the clock.

Could everyone here please advise me on what I need to check on the bike immediatly to avoid future problems ? I presume a change of oil is a must as I dont know when last the oil was changed .....also do I need to change the shaft drive oil ?
Is there instructions and pics to help/show me how to do this ?

I am basicaly looking to rarther take care of things than leaving it and picking up problems later......

All help and advice will be appreciated :teeth

·
Registered
44 Posts
What to do

I always change all fluids when I get a,new to me, vehicle. That would be engine,rear end, brake fluid, coolant, and any other there might be. I don't like problems when I am playing so I go overboard on PM. I also do oil changes at half the recommened intervals. Also I change the rear end oil and trans if applicable every other year. I have not had any kind of problem on the highway since I adopted this program of maintenance. I normally do a 5,000 mile + road trip every year beside the smaller road trips during the year. Richard.

·
Registered
365 Posts
On the site, HOME page, left side about halfway down, is a section "got questions"

HOW hall of wisdom (DYI stuff etc)
FAQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts