BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Pretty damn impressive, especially since it really alleges to be Plug n Play. Not having to re-map the F/I impressive as well. And, what a drop in weight. Wonder how it compares with Remus?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Akrapovic today I can't believe any are better, it is unbelievable!

·
Registered
15 Posts
rubbert said:
Akrapovic today I can't believe any are better, it is unbelievable!
I put the hexagonal one. More than 6 kg. less (there's no katalyzer on it) and almost 10hp more (Akra dixit), and agree with you, it's great, like a turbine sound!!!

V'sssss

·
Registered
84 Posts
Remus rocks, too!

I installed the full Remus system and it flat out screams. Nice and fairly loud without waking up the neighbors everytime I start up (at least they aren't saying anything about it).

I also bought the Evo Race Air Filters from Ken. This made the intake louder, but it also gives you a great idea about where you are in the acceleration of the bike and throttle position relative to your situation. I have grown used to it and I like it. :ricky

The recent (weekend before last) reflashing of the brains to the 7.-whatever made it into a pretty decent city bike... Actually doesn't "jump" on at 2,500+ anymore and gives a lot more "out-of-the-shute" power.

I have noticed that any pipe system seems to intensify the bike, whether that means the good or the bad... Has anybody else had this observation, too?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Wait For The MOA Rally

Coastie said:
any ideas on cost, and if it has balancing tubes on the header?
Typically 10-20 per cent discount including installation; MSRP, from BMW Daytona, $1250 as of 2 weeks ago + LABOR, but who knows anything for sure!

·
Registered
324 Posts
jpalamaro said:
Typically 10-20 per cent discount including installation; MSRP, from BMW Daytona, $1250 as of 2 weeks ago + LABOR, but who knows anything for sure!
well, that's cheaper than the remus titanium system (msrp: $1895.00) and akrapovic evolution system (msrp: $1833.95) but more than the akrapovic race system (msrp: $1133.95). a couple interesting notes is that according to the website, it retains two o2 sensors (there is only one), it requires no map change (same with every other system as well), and it peaks out at 83.5 lbs/ft of torque (they tested a weak engine since every stock bike we've tested made at least 90 lbs/ft). it would really be nice to see how it compares with other systems on the same dyno since the price point is pretty good.

as to labor, a full system shouldn't take more than about 1.5 hours (based on several dozen installs i've done).

hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts