BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings !

I am a new owner of this beautiful beast I just got couple of days ago. I didn't have any inclination of buying another bike but I ran into an ad
on FB and her beauty swept me of my feet.

She is red, with 34k on the clock, very clean, with some maintenance to catch up on. I will have to visit this site often as I like to do my work, and try to find reasonably priced manual because I know nothing about the KGT bikes.

My other garage queen is a gorgeous 2001 BMW R1200C, the Phoenix two tone color cruiser.
First question is are the RS models and the GT very similar and are most parts interchangeable? It seems like there are more parts listed and available for the
RS, hence my question.
Are there any "Zonies" in this forum?

Cheers,

Izzy

·
Registered
137 Posts
First question is are the RS models and the GT very similar and are most parts interchangeable? It seems like there are more parts listed and available for the
RS, hence my question.

Cheers,

Izzy
If you are talking brick engine version (or classic as per this forum) then yes, basically identical. GT just has an adjustment to the bar angle, some extra plastic..... electric adjust windshield... maybe a few other odds & ends... but functionally the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts