BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the worries of trying to get my new Piaa 1100X lights installed, I think I forgot to post pics of successfull install with the much needed help of all my comrades at K-Bikes.
I did use the AutoSwitch, which was a lot of work (not for the lighthearted, unmechanical type) and I'm glad I did. I made my brackets from stock scrap aluminum, and used probably 50 "zip" ties to secure wiring to frame, etc... , all very neatly. Never did use the Centech fuse block, ended up direct to battery. So, my winter project(s) included: New Piaa's, new "Silverstar" bulbs in headlight (both), new Fiamm "Freeway Blaster" horns,
new external L.E.D. (my own design) brake light, and new NGK Iridium spark plugs. Oh, and I custom made a radar mount from aluminum that is attached between two top pivot points of windscreen. And of course, radar detector to be put on when riding time comes.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks very sweet......I'm planning to install some of the PIAA 510's on an RBR Mfg bracket once the extra funds are available......

·
Registered
22 Posts
U need to ride

Man
you need to get out and do some riding ! All this retail therapy on the bike must have put some sort of dent in the finances . Ride my friend before you go broke .
Nice job tho
Frank :coffee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts