BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick hello from Chattanooga,TN. I purchased a 2006 GT today. I bring it home this weekend,because the throttle was a little sticky on the test ride and it turns out they have to replace the throttle cables. Look forward to riding this bike it was quite comfortable, even in the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome. While it's in the shop, make sure they check to see if all of the recall updates were performed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. While it's in the shop, make sure they check to see if all of the recall updates were performed.
The first thing we did! Valves checked and service done @22k. The throttle cables were binding and they're replacing those before the weekend.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The best and worst bike I have ever owned.
But the jury is still out...only have 72k miles on my '06

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t know if you are into naming your bikes, or not. But, since you are from Chattanooga, it’s obvious name is choo-choo. Good looking bike. I like the blue.
Welcome aboard. I used to live in Memphis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chattanooga Choo Choo.

Hey Neighbor,
I live in North Georgia but was born in Chattanooga. I too have an 06 GT. Love it! Been around the United States, via. Route 66. I just put new tires and a Cyclops low beam on mine. I'm 70, retired but love to ride. Sickness has really slowed me down in the last couple of years but I still plan on riding to the national Rally in Great Falls in 2020. If you want to ride out of traffic and get into some twists here in Georgia, email me and we'll meet up. [email protected]
Good luck,
Ted

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Neighbor,
I live in North Georgia but was born in Chattanooga. I too have an 06 GT. Love it! Been around the United States, via. Route 66. I just put new tires and a Cyclops low beam on mine. I'm 70, retired but love to ride. Sickness has really slowed me down in the last couple of years but I still plan on riding to the national Rally in Great Falls in 2020. If you want to ride out of traffic and get into some twists here in Georgia, email me and we'll meet up. [email protected]
Good luck,
Ted
Sounds good! I installed a CalSci XL screen this evening and removed the Vstream. I have a Sargent heated seat arriving tomorrow and a MIVV slip on coming from Italy too. I usually run the Skyway on Saturday mornings(very early) and spent a lot of time in Georgia this fall. We'll ave to take a ride to Suches for lunch when it warms up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts