BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Long time biker, newbie member. Been riding over 20 years. Have a bunch of bikes, mostly jap, english and a couple Harleys. Most I change up and make my way. Choppers, bobbers, cafe, and enduro. Fell into a nice '94 K1100rs cheap with intentions of making it something different. After the first couple rides fell in love with it. Planned on keeping it stock and riding the wheels off it. In a months time I neglected my other rides and put over 1600 enjoyable miles on it. Unfortunately on my 61st birthday a driver came into my lane and after a quick assessment I decided jumping a small ditch and someone's front yard was more friendly than a head on. Didn't work as planned. Rear tire caught a culvert and the rebound rolled the bike and I end over end a couple times. Good news is I faired better than the bike. Currently recuperating and planning the rebuild. I do have a factory manual, but would love some input on things I should look for while bringing it back to its former self. Haven't worked on many shafted drives or any BMW'S. Posting before and after pics plus pics of rear diff alignment. Last owner told me he swapped a lt diff. before I got it. Would love input on what to look for and any advice on parts. Was not in love with original 3 spoke rims and now that I need a rear, looking at reasonable swaps if any. Thanks for helping me bring this back from the dead.
Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Plant Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Plant Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
235 Posts
Welcome. You certainly have a project. I look forward to your accounts of the work. Have a speedy recovery too.

·
Super Moderator
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,481 Posts
Yes, glad you turned out better than the bike. Welcome to the site. I suggest you find another RS and use the poor red bike as a source of future spares for the new bike. Will let you have a functioning machine and a grand set of spare stuff. If not, please keep this thread going with your endeavors. I had one of those the first year, I believe it was 92. I got a lemon. Leaky castings, stall just riding at 60, you name it. Cost me a lot of money. I just traded it in. The fueling the first ten years of the oil heads and then a little more was terrible. Your going to find a vintage bike like this, parts are difficult possibly.

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
235 Posts
2002 K1200RS on Broward County Florida (South Florida) Craigslist. 5450 miles. Red and Silver. $4900 and offers. Listed for 6 days.
And 1998. 16,000 miles. Red. $5000.

·
Registered
476 Posts
2002 K1200RS on Broward County Florida (South Florida) Craigslist. 5450 miles. Red and Silver. $4900 and offers. Listed for 6 days.
And 1998. 16,000 miles. Red. $5000.
Fyi, stay away from 2002 k bikes as they have linked brakes( not terrible) but also come with brake servo that have a terrible reputation and mucho$$ to replace. 1999-2000 kRS are just about perfect. BMW scrapped the brake servo a few years later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts