BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've noticed my K1300S has been down on power in all gears. If I rev high enough it will gain an unbelievable amount of power somewhere around 8k revs. It does this in all gears and when I say it gains an unbelievable amount of power, I mean it feels like someone's hitting a nitrous switch. Any guesses are welcome since I have no idea what would cause this. It has the Ak slip-on and a couple of years ago I installed a booster-plug. Other than that, I've disconnected the exhaust baffle.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
When you say you have disconnected the exhaust baffle do you mean the butterfly flap in the exhaust or just taken the baffle out the end of the exhaust end can?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How HOT is the REAR BRAKE ROTOR?

Recently I've noticed my K1300S has been down on power in all gears. If I rev high enough it will gain an unbelievable amount of power somewhere around 8k revs. It does this in all gears and when I say it gains an unbelievable amount of power, I mean it feels like someone's hitting a nitrous switch. Any guesses are welcome since I have no idea what would cause this. It has the Ak slip-on and a couple of years ago I installed a booster-plug. Other than that, I've disconnected the exhaust baffle.

Thanks for any help!
You are describing to a "T" the experience I had after I discovered my Rear Brake had LOCKED DOWN but I couldn't let it sit where it was and HAD to OVER REV the engine to OVER POWER the braking till I could find a proper off street place to pull off. At a 5/6k rpm she started rolling with a little more ease BUT you couldn't come off it without SERIOUS DECELERATION [uncalled for I might add].

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I disconnected the baffle. I tested it without the slip-on to ensure it wouldn't move and I zip tied the swing-arm on the baffle into place. It's not going anywhere and it sounds fantastic!

Turns out it was the BoosterPlug I had installed. I guess it slowly crapped the bed. BMW service told me to remove it and test again before bringing it in and that was it. Wrote to BoosterPlug about it and am awaiting a reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts