BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As part of a very messy separation, my brother-in-law (yes, my wifes brother) felt sorry for me and gave me one of his stable of bikes at a very beneficial price.

His bike collection is obsessive and fills two large garages. He'll purchase everything from a ZX7R to Rockets and baggers, spends 2-3 years replacing every nut and bolt with stainless, upgrading all components and then making space for a replacement project.... its the project he enjoys.

So, I was the lucky recipient of his 2007 K1200R Sport. Akraprovic (maybe headers) new bars, brake levers, all nuts/bolts/studs replaced with stainless, all hoses, connectors replaced. Seats re-upholstered, bulbs upgraded and a lower fairing added with carbon wherever he could squeeze it on. It even came with panniers and all the fittings.

The bike is in immaculate condition and after a power commander and akraprovic + tune it went from 135bhp to 149bhp at the back wheel.

After a string of triumphs and ducatis in the 1990's/2000's i'd never considered a BMW but i'm so impressed with the quality of the engineering and ride i can' honestly see myself looking at anything else. As far as this bike is concerned, its still looks good after 14 years and is a keeper.

What great bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not many of these k-Sports around, absolutely love mine. Welcome to the fold.

Reactions: SimonT67
1 - 2 of 2 Posts