BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
New guy here
I collect my 09 K1300 Gt this Saturday, have traded in a R1200 RT for it, and am looking forward to reading your posts and learning all about the new bike

Impressed with this site already.............lots of info here to read

Gary

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome aboard. Interested to hear your impressions of slant 4 power vs the 2 banger, as I ride both.

Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lhendrick said:
Welcome aboard. Interested to hear your impressions of slant 4 power vs the 2 banger, as I ride both.

Good luck with the new ride.
Thanks lhendrick, I have a 2.5 hour ride home on the K tomorrow when I collect it, so will let you know my initial views when I get back and thaw out !

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Prediction of your initial ride review: "Holy shït, this thing is fast! And fun . . . " :ricky

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meese said:
Prediction of your initial ride review: "Holy shït, this thing is fast! And fun . . . " :ricky

Ha Ha............how did you guess !

The RT (Sept 2010 model) has better wind protection but I totally expected that to be the case, so that is not a criticism. and I do prefer the RT dashboard.

The K is much smoother, and I found much easier to handle, as I have both feet flat on the floor when seated, I found it in every way, much more enjoyable to ride than the RT.

I need to get the tupperware off one day, because I think someone has stolen my 4 cylinder engine and replaced it with a jet turbine !

Oh and I forgot to say.........................It is fast !!!!

Absolutely love the K and the dealer has just done the Major service, and give me 1 years road tax, and 1 years warranty, so I am a very happy guy.

I did find that there was a slight vibration when I came off the throttle, which I will address with the dealer at the next service........or is this the norm ?

Cant wait for tomorrow to do some more riding,

PS .......................Its fast !

:snowlaff:

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
The Slant/4 K-bikes are longer, lower, and heavier than the RT, but the improved suspension and massive power means they're quicker to speed and easier to ride fast in the sweepers, although the RT's low-end torque, lighter weight, and shorter wheel base gives them an edge in tight corners and busy commuting.

Either bike can be ridden very well by an experienced rider, so it really just comes down to feel. Personally, I prefer the smooth Slant/4 motor (and even smother Slant/6 motor in the GTL) over the Boxer buzz, but both bikes have their super-fans. :bmw:

I lived in Wales for a few years, and rode all over the "island" and the continent. Y'all do have some nice roads out that way. Plus I've been watching Doc Martin recently so now I wanna go to a quant Cornish seaside village and have pasties . . . :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know when you are coming to Cornwall Meese, I will buy you a pasty and a pint !

Ride Safe
Gary

:xcheer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts