BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find any mounts that had all I wanted or put the Garmin GPS where I could see it good and still read the guages. So I combined the touratech top mount (which gives me the vibration insulation & ability to lock it to the bike) with a Gadget guy base (which gives me the ability to adjust the position of the screen) with my own bracket I made that mounts to the factory GPS mount holes between the handle bars but low enough to see everything. The Gadget guy mount is made to go between the handlebars but it sits up way too high and I could not see the guages. I think I have the best of all worlds now. Perhaps someone else will want to copy this for their bike. Pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like what you've done here. Looks like I'll have to figure out a mounting system also. Coming from a R1150RT with a BMR Co-pilot shelf, and a Touratech GPS locking mount, like yours I believe. Anyhow in the process of buying a K1200GT and this is one thing I need to fully explore to mount my GPS.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is why I went to such an extent. I looked forever and could not fing any one mount that had all I wanted. You will love the GT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My two cents worth. I've used the new mount from Techmount that allows your Zumo to be placed directly in front of you withour obscuring instrument panel. Attaches to bolts of the handlebar raise/lower plate.

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts