BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Where did those numbers come from? The Pirelli web site?
Bruce C

D

·
0 Posts
Diablos

I run 42 in the rear and 39 in the front on my Diablos. I ride a '04 RS. Seems to work real well for me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Are you looking at the psi rating printed on the tire? That would be the manufacture max listed pressure. I have run 38-40 in front and 40-42 in rear and just finished 10k miles on my Dialbo set. I just put on some Metzler Z6's to see how they do this winter.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more diablo

that's right........it was printed on the tire. u hear so many myths about tire pressure.......one guy said a manufacture rep told him to inflate tire and check psi cold and hot. difference should be 10%. adjust psi accordingly. makes sense. another story is run 45 rear, 40 front to keep heat down. just trying to get some guidance. thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Track advise

I'm on my second set of Diablos. I ran 42 rear and 38 front on the first set. My rear was down to the threads by 2500 miles. I did a track day and talked with the "experts" at the tire concession. They both said 42 was way too much. I should be running no more than 38 in the rear and 36 front. I was skeptical, but made the change. I'm at 3500 miles on the new rear and it looks good for another 500-800 miles. The front still looks pretty good.

Can't say that I'm that happy with the Diablos. Decent stick, but the lowest mileage I've gotten on any tire. I'm looking to try something new. Good luck with the Diablos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts