BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today a new campaign is out for the GT (at least mine '06).

It has to do with the anti-theft sensor ring around the key slot. If the wiring is mis-routed, it can chafe and break and of course, you can't start the bike.

I thought I'd mention it to make sure everyone knew...

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Richard,

Good catch. It is actually a service bulletin, not a recall. It was issued earlier this month. The details are:

There is a possibility of the "EWS" (electronic immobilizer) error message being displayed in the instrument cluster of the K1200 GT(K44). If this occurs the engine will not start.

The problem can be caused by a broken wire at the plug connection of the ring antenna. If the wiring harness is not correctly routed, the wiring can chafe against the plug connection when the handlebars are turned from side to side, and eventually break.

The VIN range of POTENTIALLY impacted bikes is: ZN45000 to ZN45642

The ONLY way you can determine if your bike is really impacted by this service bulletin is to go to your dealer and have them run your motorcycle's VIN through a vehicle history check.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
messenger13 said:
I could me wrong, but I don't think that this is "news". I'll do a little searchin'.
Joe,

I didn't see it posted, (like I would remember anyway;) ) so I posted it in case...

Eljeffe,

That's the one... I didn't know which vins were affected, but I knew mine was. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
BeniciaRT said:
Joe,

I didn't see it posted, (like I would remember anyway;) ) so I posted it in case...
Oh, no big deal. I couldn't find it if it was actually posted. I may have heard from my tech at the shop.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
I forgot to add...

The bulletin number for this service action is 61 001 07 (001)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts