BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's great, it's going to be fun riding with the gang again. I'll hook up with Mark and we'll take the scenic route to Spokane on the 16th.

Fletch - Billy, can you guys make it?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ride

Billy will have to pass. I am expecting a system to be delivered around that time . I will conduct a scouting trip as my youngest daughter ( Sarah ) and I will be heading to Canada this Sunday. I have since last years trip wanted to return and it should be a treat with her along this time.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm curious what the early morning temps will be in the Canadian Rockies. Last year about this time it was in the 30's before it warmed up. Sure made the morning breakfast stop a welcome event!

·
Registered
346 Posts
trip

Mark last year in August while I was in Waterton it snowed at 1000 ' . It is supposed to be low 50's and high of 80 next week when I go but it can change so quickly there as you know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
New Trip

Hey Gang!!

Fletch here. Gota wait untill September to get more than 3 days time off from work.

Everyone have a good time, My thoughts will be traveling along with you.

Take lot's o good pics and post so I can see them.

May be I can hook up with Billy or Dennis for a short run between now and then??

Take Care.

Fletch

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pick a Place, Gnome!

Fletch...sorry that you aren't going on this outing...I even had my "gnome dome" dry cleaned in preparation for the lead gnome's triumphant return. Let me know where you want to go on a short tour and I'll be there. So it's Mark, Bong and me then?
Dennis

·
Registered
156 Posts
GloveGuy said:
Fletch...sorry that you aren't going on this outing...I even had my "gnome dome" dry cleaned in preparation for the lead gnome's triumphant return. Let me know where you want to go on a short tour and I'll be there. So it's Mark, Bong and me then?
Dennis

Just got back from a grueling "ride in an oven" heat run from Monterey yesterday. Need to confirm that I can get time off from work for the August ride. Will let you know as soon I get clearance. Thx Bong

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've run into a schedule "glitch" for the start date of this trip, Aug 16. Work has gotten in the way of riding again!

The week of the 7th and the 14th is not possible for me. If there is another time that could work I would really love to get in on this trip.

Mark

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oven Ride!!!

Hey Bong.

I can related to the "Oven Ride" here in Norcal. Man it is way too hot to be comfortable on any ride past 11:00 in the morning (100+ temp) in the valley or the foothils where I am.

The coast was nice 2 wks ago when we went to Pt. Arena area for a camping trip.

We actually had to wear sweats at night and it was a welcome change I tell ya.

Looks like it should cool down to the 90's on the weekend. Gona hang out at the mountain lake and enjoy some boating and the water.

Take Care.

Fletch (Knome)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ride

Guy's , just returned form B.C. Last Sunday going through Spokane and area it was 110 and boiling . My daughter made it but she was weak in the knees when we stopped at Kinnewick . The weather in B.C. was also Hot probably 90 or so . A guy in Waterton said they has 3 ' snow on first week of June. It was a great trip 2600 miles and included the Elk, Deer, Caribou, Bear, Coyote's, Turkeys, and crazy frickin RV's . Oh don't forget the suicide car drivers , almost had 3 head ons from those A---------------.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Billy, want to do it again?

Looks like our Banff Blast will go Seattle, Whistler, Banff then Spokane on the 19 - 22. It should be way cooler by mid August, at least in the Canadian Rockies.

Bong and I did the MotoGP run and we saw a high of 114. Brutal!

·
Registered
167 Posts
New Ride..:0))

Shout out to the Seattle Twins and The Veneta Kid.

Well it looks like I will get my time off in August 11-21st so I am going to get up to Boise to hook up with Dennis and see what the trip will bring.

I am thinking about doing the eastern Oregon/Mt St. Helens/Idaho/Yellowstone areas so not sure if I can go to Canada and it sure sounds like a good time.

I have to be back home in G'town by the 21st so we shall see. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Ride Safe.

Fletch (Knome)

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
I've been watching this thread for awhile. This looks like it is going to be a great ride. Wish I could go with you but Aug is filling up fast. Be sure and take pictures.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ride

I am on the outside looking in on this one. I have 2 weeks in Boise and then it is back to Eugene for some installs. You guy's have fun and enjoy the ride.

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Did this ride happen? Any pics if it did?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It didn't happen. There was a sustitute ride that started in Seattle and went over the N Cascades Hwy to Missoula. The next day was over Lolo pass and across the Palouse back to I-90 and home.

It was a 2 day event and was great. A K1200s, a R1200GS and a ducati 999. We covered about 1100 miles.

Attachments

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Thanks for putting closure on this ride. Nice mix of bikes.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.