BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm ready to bite the bullet and get a Rick Mayer saddle for two up riding. Does anyone have a leather saddle? Is it worth it? I live in Connecticut, not too hot, but rains quite often.

any help would be great guys.

Also, I want to keep my stock seat for solo riding. I bought a pan for Mayer. Do you think I could buy a heater so it's just a matter of unplugging one and plugging in the other for heat?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rick Mayer seat

I got a Rick Mayer saddle a coupla years ago, & love it! The stock seat wasn't comfy, so I bought a Corbin. Didn't like it either- still stiff, & it put me up too high. Can't say enough good things about the Mayer seat. Mine's on an RS, & unheated, so I don't know about the heater...

Scott
'99 K1200RS

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply

any chance you could post a pic? is yours leather or vinyl?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rick Mayer seat photos

Here's what I have...
It's Black leather, w/ only 1 buttcup- for me :)

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Rick Mayer seat in the basketweave vinyl and am very pleased. The new seat is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

If you read Rick's web site he is pretty upfront about the differences between leather and vinyl.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Scott

photos look great! I want the leather but on his website he talks about a towl on hot days watch out for rain.....I dont want to be a slave to that

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply

blchandl2 said:
I have a Rick Mayer seat in the basketweave vinyl and am very pleased. The new seat is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

If you read Rick's web site he is pretty upfront about the differences between leather and vinyl.

I read the website and it is upfront. I was wondering how much his warnings were true for my area. I know leather would be different in Connecticut than Arizona.

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Mayer seat

I also switched to a Rick Mayer seat....luckily I live close enough to make a ride-in appointment.....very happy with it....heater was maintained.....brought it back in a few months later for an adjustment (more foam up front and higher at the back of the bucket).....takes a few thousand miles to really break in the leather to your shape but worth the wait....be sure to send him pictures of your riding position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts