BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As posted in K1200s for old man, Ist ride ....rode it to work and back about 160 miles had a smile on my face I think it will fit the bill and definitely a different type of bike from my others. Question she has a slight buzz when the throttle is chopped more so noticeable at lower RPM range nothing alarming taking it as character of the bike she loves fuel running through the injectors 馃槀 and not sure what windscreen everyone is running and not sure what is on mine but I will be cutting this one down a bit if I weight the pegs lifting myself up a bit the wind to the helmet goes way way down it putting the bikes air right in my neck and chin an it goes under and in my Shoei helmet. Probably like to get the side boxes and want the carbon fiber bellypans so any input on the better aftermarket pans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
No replies about the post ? Mainly curious about the Buzz Vibration when throttle is chopped

Registered
I鈥檝e had two K1200 bikes, an R and an R Sport. I don鈥檛 recall any buzz or vibration as you describe. Is the buzz a sound or a felt vibration? If it鈥檚 a sound, it might just be a body panel not properly attached. You might as well learn how to remove and replace the panels, anyway. You will also need the maintenance CD which is Windows only. There鈥檚 a guy on BMW MOA web site selling copies for considerably less than BMW is selling them. Let your conscience be your guide. The parts fiche on Max BMW is invaluable in learning how the bike is screwed together. If you buy parts from them, they toss in a bag of M&Ms to make the experience sweeter. Check BMW parts prices overseas. I bought the panniers for my R1200RS from a German web site for half what BMW was going to gouge me for here. However, they spent about a month in customs at the port. PayPal helps with the worry of sending that much money overseas. Look to Pirate鈥檚 Lair for farkles. Jerry is a good guy and will work with you. Welcome aboard! I鈥檓 sorry no one jumped on your post, but I suspect no one has experience with your question.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
No Loose body panels Went through most of the bike A little concerned now that you have said there is not a buzz or a vibration of any kind I may have to have it checked out the bike is super smooth riding it but there is definitely a buzz if you will when the throttle is chopped

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
My brand new K1200S has the same vibration that you describe. It is worse under load, either engine braking or accelleration. I have not heard of this before, and the dealer says that what I describe is not normal. Have you taken it back to the dealer for investigation yet? This was copied from this forum on another thread

Registered
I鈥檓 curious to know what the dealer says. Where are you?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Quartz Hill Ca the last owner and I have become friends says everything is normal he is original owner but I will check it out. Closest dealer to me is Burbank BMW

Registered
I've found that vibrations on deceleration are most commonly resolved by greasing the splines on the drive shaft, front and rear is ideal but even just greasing the rear splines helps. Again, just my experience but I have a K12S a K13S a K16GT and an R12GSA. BMW used to emphasize this part of the final drive service more, but lately seems to be an after thought.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the reply it鈥檚 not that noticeable I rode it again today for the second time it鈥檚 just the character of the bike I will try to lube that shaft. Thank you

Registered
As posted in K1200s for old man, Ist ride ....rode it to work and back about 160 miles had a smile on my face I think it will fit the bill and definitely a different type of bike from my others. Question she has a slight buzz when the throttle is chopped more so noticeable at lower RPM range nothing alarming taking it as character of the bike she loves fuel running through the injectors 馃槀 and not sure what windscreen everyone is running and not sure what is on mine but I will be cutting this one down a bit if I weight the pegs lifting myself up a bit the wind to the helmet goes way way down it putting the bikes air right in my neck and chin an it goes under and in my Shoei helmet. Probably like to get the side boxes and want the carbon fiber bellypans so any input on the better aftermarket pans would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in

Registered
Yes my 2006 k1200s does it too. Very smooth on accelerating but on decel I get a vibration. I've seen similar posts on various sites describe this. I now think its normal for this bike. 32000 miles on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts