BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2009 1300s with 9500 miles, spotless condition. Also have a 2000 VFR and a KTM 1190R. The 1300 grew on me pretty quick, the VFR might have to go up on craigslist now.

Just an absolute pleasure of a bike to ride, I can't hardly believe the instant smooth power. Never ridden a bike that you could dang near ride like it had an automatic transmission. It is the base model; heated grips, ABS, no other frills. I could use the stock taller seat as this bike came with the shorter seat so if anyone has a stock 1200/1300S seat kicking around I would love to trade some cash for it.

I'm up in NW Washington, Burlington to be exact. And of course everyone loves a picture !

Chris

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,417 Posts
Hey, I live in Mount Vernon and have a standard seat. I also do tires as you will find out that you need to change them often. I'll send you a private message with my phone and email. You can come over a look and we can talk bikes for a bit and you can see the shop where I service bikes.Very clean bike and low miles. You have years ahead of you on this great machine.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beech did you stick black side panels on that bike? Looks like the same bike as mine. Looks sharp with black and grey scheme. You appear to be a wealth of knowledge and just across the river from me, I will definitely be over.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, I live in Mount Vernon and have a standard seat. I also do tires as you will find out that you need to change them often. I'll send you a private message with my phone and email. You can come over a look and we can talk bikes for a bit and you can see the shop where I service bikes.Very clean bike and low miles. You have years ahead of you on this great machine. View attachment 32128
What is the green monster in the background?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Hyjak
Yes, that is my Hendey 15x64 lathe. About 15 Hp of turning steel wonder. I have a smaller one for light work, and a couple of mills. But my favorite machine tool is My big drill. Auto feed and multi speed. Can drill holes into steel 1.75: in diameter. Stand back when that is going on:
Engineering Gas Machine Machine tool Shelf

Sewing machine Machine tool Lathe Gas Toolroom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hyjak
Yes, that is my Hendey 15x64 lathe. About 15 Hp of turning steel wonder. I have a smaller one for light work, and a couple of mills. But my favorite machine tool is My big drill. Auto feed and multi speed. Can drill holes into steel 1.75: in diameter. Stand back when that is going on:
View attachment 32130
View attachment 32131
Its strange but these things have a powerful majesty.
Like a dog sittin' pretty. Several nice YouTube feeds with machinist content.
Cutting edge engineering from Ozland and Abom79 are nice.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I use rotary phase machines. So they get 3 phase 240 volts. The big lathe is on a 60 amp breaker. I cheat and jumper the power boxes to each other but each box has its own fuse, over load and phase loss circuits. Illegal but works. Of course I never run more than one machine at a time.

Reactions: CKD1

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
A few years back a week out of the hospital and super bored. I had a friend help me go out to the woods with the latest project.
and much more made in my idle moments.
Gas Drinkware Tableware Kettle Cylinder

Gas Composite material Rim Aluminium Auto part

2.5" cannons in the background upper pic. No one has ever found the golf ball shot out of one of the thundermugs with a patch.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hyjak
View attachment 32130
View attachment 32131
Oh, great. I now have lathe envy. :(

To the OP, welcome and congrats on your new K13! Beech is right, you'll burn through tires but it'll be a pleasant burn!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, great. I now have lathe envy. :(

Stopped by Beech's place to swap a short seat for his spare tall seat. I must say the big green lathe is quite a piece of machinery, along with all of the other marvels he has in the shop. His tire changer alone would make most bike shops envious. Heck of a nice guy.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
"Stopped by Beech's place to swap a short seat for his spare tall seat. I must say the big green lathe is quite a piece of machinery, along with all of the other marvels he has in the shop. His tire changer alone would make most bike shops envious. Heck of a nice guy."

Oh yea? Well you can tell Beech that size isn't everything! :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts