BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy!

About a month ago I picked up my 04 GT. She belonged to my best friend who lives in Denver and when he went over to the Dark Side and purchased an HD I had to have his bike. Every time I visited him in Denver he let me use the GT so I was familiar with the bike. I know he takes excellent car of his stuff and told him if he ever sold the GT I wanted 1st crack at it. He gave me a brother-in-law deal. I also got top dollar for my '06 f650gs so not a painful deal at all. He rode it to Portland where he took delivery of the Milwaukee Vibrator and I flew down from Seattle to pick up my new toy. What a great introduction to the bike. The wet ride home on I-5 was worth it.

The bike has 14,000 miles on it and was due for it's 12k and 4 year services. Ride West took good care of it -- for an extremely pretty penny and I had them wire my Garmin GPS while they had her apart.

I haven't had time to get out and RIDE but I'm very happy with the commuting and the few short (just under 100 mile) rides I've been on. I'm planning a trip to Tucson and up through the canyons in Utah in September. Should kick ass!

The first mod I'd like to make is to add some driving lights. I'd love to see some pictures on a GT if you have them. Then possibly Ohlin's and exhaust but I'm not rich so...

Peace!
 

·
Looking for better limits...
Joined
·
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
I'm glad you got a good deal on your bike 'cause those snot-green ones are awfully slow and boring to ride. The first upgrade you should make is to get it painted Orient Blue! :teeth
 

·
"DELIVERS"
Joined
·
870 Posts
erich said:
Howdy!
He rode it to Portland where he took delivery of the Milwaukee Vibrator and I flew down from Seattle to pick up my new toy.
davidk63 said:
I'm glad you got a good deal on your bike 'cause those snot-green ones are awfully slow and boring to ride. The first upgrade you should make is to get it painted Orient Blue! :teeth
+1 on the Orient Blue!

Milwaukee Vibrator.....MV....as in MV Augusta....coincidence? :rotf:
 

·
Looking for better limits...
Joined
·
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
davidk63 said:
I'm glad you got a good deal on your bike 'cause those snot-green ones are awfully slow and boring to ride. The first upgrade you should make is to get it painted Orient Blue! :teeth

Comon man!...its a fact that the darker the color the more the light wave spectrum will cause drag due to obsorbtion.....the lighter the color the more it reflects the light atoms thus less drag and inturn more speed........typical poster talking junk!! :teeth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
BAK04GT said:
Comon man!...its a fact that the darker the color the more the light wave spectrum will cause drag due to obsorbtion.....the lighter the color the more it reflects the light atoms thus less drag and inturn more speed........typical poster talking junk!! :teeth

You hit the nail right on the head!

Words of wisdom.


As a continuation of this theme- obviously white must be the fastest of all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Not to mention the heat that is caused buy the absorbtion of light waves...that heat is encompassed around the bike causing ..a...surrounding aurora of elevated thermo particles...which in turn get SUCKED into the intake...... knowing that HOT AIR..has less density and thus makes for less HP........so we have two effects of unwanted factors..causing extremely low power :coffee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plenty Fast

I don't care which color is fastest. This bike is plenty fast for me! :teeth
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top