BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I am picking up a nice 85 K100 tomorrow. One owner, 16k on the clock. I look forward to learning about the bike on this forum. For now, I have new tires and fluids planned. Speaking of tires.......any suggestions? I will be using it as a commuter ( 30 miles ) and day trips. Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd recommend Bridgestone. BT-45's if you ride aggressively, but Spitfires are less expensive and still excellent tires. Seeing that it is a 27 yr old bike and you're mostly commuting, (same as me) I'd go with the Spitfires. Bikebandit.com has good prices.

·
Registered
163 Posts
macman56 said:
Hi....I am picking up a nice 85 K100 tomorrow. One owner, 16k on the clock. I look forward to learning about the bike on this forum. For now, I have new tires and fluids planned. Speaking of tires.......any suggestions? I will be using it as a commuter ( 30 miles ) and day trips. Thanks in advance for any tips.
You're in the right place.

I bought a K75S a year ago and used this site and others to "zero time" all the maintenance items and replace the tires. I selected Pirelli Demons and have no complaints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K100

Ok....new tires, new fluids...mechanic tells me that the throttle body rubber bits will need replacing at some point. Is this a difficult job? I am no wrench, but am willing to learn over the winter. Your thoughts? Everything else seems to be ok...I ended up with Metzlers .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts