BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!

I'm new to the forums, and to street bikes! I used to ride motorcross bikes on the street and on the dirt. This is a whole new experience for me. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any sliders you recommend? Do they have them for the front and the back? Which are easiest to put on?

2. Are there any BMW master mechanics that you would recommend in Westchester County, NY?

I'm sure Im going to have more questions, but I'll start with these.

Thank you and God Bless. Ride Safely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a conversation recently re sliders. The other bloke has a K13R, I have a K12R.

We decided that if you want sliders to prevent damage to the bike then maybe good insurance would be the better option. A new bike would be better than a repaired damaged bike.

With things like fairings...I'm guessing that anything more than a carpark tip cover is gunna be substantial damage and cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sliders

I have a 2005 K1200 S also and had contemplated the sliders as well.
I think your right though keep the the bike upright that's the best plan!
Although I had thought if the sliders could double as a rest for stretching out on a long ride,it might be worth the while?
Then life happened and I didn't do the research.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
These are what I have: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-frame-sliders-bmw-k1200s-2005-2008 as you see in the pic, the fairing needs to be cut, but it it’s very easy, and the way the position for the hole is marked is “no guess, spot on” with the supplied pins.

Also, plenty of FULL fairing kits on Amazon - the total works, sets with every single piece needed for 400 bucks, painted in several different schemes. I have contemplated to get one and change color scheme.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the link!
I'll have to check out Amazon as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts