BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get a chance to get out yesterday?

I met up with some friends in the N.C. Highlands area...riding everything from an Aprilia Mille to an FZ1. Nice to have friends with different bikes - I swapped with the Mille. Not comfortable, compared to the K1200S, but man that thing corners like it's on rails. The BMW rules in the big sweepers, but definately more effort in the tight switchbacks.

With the EVO filters on, I manged to loft the front wheel a couple times in 2nd - the front end feels tight when she comes back down, although I only raised it a foot or so.

Not a bad way to spend New Year's Day. Hope you all had a good one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Left the house at 7:30,32 degrees,slabbed it to Louisville with two friends and met up with about forty other riders.All but one Honda sport bike were Beemers.We rode about sixty miles from Louisville to a resturant in southern Indiana for breakfast in a group,quiet a sight to see that many beemers together.After eating one friend travled to western Indiana to visit family,my other friend and I traveled some back roads and made a wide loop back.We ended up ridding 320 miles that day and it just kept getting warmer,around 61 degrees when I got back home.Great day,I love my GT,what a motorcycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts