BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 K75S

So I changed the alternator bushings. Didn't like a vibration so i did it again today while I was at it i put in the new battery. My questions is.......There are two wires-one on each battery terminal...these two wires come together with a white plastic connector.....Where does this connector plug into?

Took bike on a ride ...vibration gone......bike started backfireing and doing all kinds of crap and died....battery juice gone...3 blocks from home.......my son had helped wash the bike and I noticed water inside the filler area....I drained the tank completely....little to no water found in gas...I'm going to charge the battery but I think I need to push the white connector where it goes.....

Does the bike crapping out like that sound consistant with water in gas or does it sound like the white connector caused my dimise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so I swapped batreries. bike ran finme for 10 mins...long enough to drain battery and kill it. So this tells me for sure no charging is happening.....I actually just removed the white plastic clip as it didnt sem to go to anything...now to test the alternator....crap all of this from changing $2 rubber goobers :hanged

1 - 7 of 7 Posts