BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a K1200RS in the future. Does somebody make air deflectors which attach to the fairing to protect your legs from the wind ? :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
GT Extensions

daveK1200RS said:
I am thinking about buying a K1200RS in the future. Does somebody make air deflectors which attach to the fairing to protect your legs from the wind ? :confused:
You can purchase the extensions used on the GT. I have an '04 RS and it provides ample wind protection. But I do live in Florida so how much do I really need?

·
Registered
227 Posts
daveK1200RS said:
Yes. They are called Wind Leg Guard. Part # 46 63 7 674 99 left side, and 46 63 7 675 000 right side, $120 each.

It's a black rubber lip that comes standard on the GT.

Ron

·
Registered
186 Posts
daveK1200RS said:
Get your bike first, then see if you still need the extra protection. Those wind guards are not cheap.:bmw:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also be aware that those guards may not fit bikes older than '02. In '02 there were some changes in the bodywork. But I also agree with other posters who said try it out before you make a decision.

I have a '98 and don't feel like I need any more protection on my legs. With the temperature below 40, I do sometimes flip my windshield up when riding at expressway speeds to reduce the wind pressure on my upper body. Or I wear my heated liner. :D

-hank

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
On my '97 I get most cold air over my hands (bar risers fitted), and more with the screen raised. That's what I'd like to fix first.

The coldest part of my legs seems to be topside of my upper thighs, so I guess the stock fairing is doing a fair job. I haven't checked yet if that's positive direct wind pressure - or negative suction which seems more likely.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
186 Posts
smetcalfe said:
Don't put it off. DO IT NOW!

Scott

'99 K1200RS
You heard the man!!:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wind Guards

As was stated before. Get your bike first. You may not need them. I have a 2000 rs and I don't need them. I live in Upper Michigan and really don't need the guards. The tupperware is aerodynamic enough that there is not alot of wind hitting your legs. The windshield in the upper position does keep air off my upper body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts