Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
accessories

Jeff

Thanks for the info. In the true BMW manner, nothing comes cheap. I am sure there
will be a few things that I will order just because it fits the model.

ride safe,

Phil

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More detailed information on the accessories for the next-gen K1200GT

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
It might be expensive, but sign me up for a lot of that stuff. I will pass on the tankbag. I'm sold on Chicane. I'm sure they'll have one that will work perfectly.

The g/f wants all that room in the 48 liter case, so I'm getting one. Thank GOD I won't have to get a LT!

·
Registered
128 Posts
BMW never did make stylish top cases... the '28 is ok, but the '49 is just plain Butt ugly... will have to keep my Givi :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is one ugly tank bag, I agree you need to take a look at the Chiane bags. Also a new system is from Twisted Throttle that I saw at bike week looks like a winner. It is a quick-lock ring on the gas ring and the bag hooks up to it. New this year is that it will have a power socket built in so the tank bag will have electric power that can be disconnected when you take the bag off power will shut down thru a relay. Very nice idea. www.twistedthrottle.com or 401-709-9383

·
Registered
52 Posts
I forgot to mention twisted throttle bags have a way to hook up any GPS to the electrafied bag.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got off the phone with one of my contacts. BMW is doing everything possible to make sure all these accessories are available on day one when the bikes arrive at the dealership. Many of the items will be available for ordering from your dealer beginning in April.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went for the following accessories. Large big ass ugly top case. Marsee 30L Eletronic tank bag.
Autocom, XM Inno Radio, Garmin Nuvi Gps.
The bag pluggs into the bike and all my electronics are run off of the bag. Cords and connections stay in the bag. Misc items such as glasses, wallet, garage door opener are in the bag also. Then with two audio cords that come from the Autocom I have my XM and Nuvi in the top clear map case. I set the radio for a channel that I love and the Nuvi tells me where to turn with street names spoken so I never have to look down. When I leave the bike I either take it with me or put it in the top case. This whole solution gives me all the bling without the cluttering of the dash ect.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fully loaded - almost

I went for the pannier bags, big boot & inner bag and tank bag. Come on, be reasonable, the embossed logo HAS to be worth a couple of hundred dollars at least.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
thanks for all that great info
2 things come to mind:
1. the price of that 49L topcase (which i have on order) is ridiculous.... even for BMW
2. the picture of the tankbag is even more ridiculous... since, once again (as in the GS) the bag completely blocks the view of BMW's OWN NAV II GPS SYSTEM
how horrendous is that?

i LOVE BMW Farkles (i've owned most everyone they've ever made)
but....
someone has got to start letting one department talk to another
i'm glad that folks here (Jeff and John) have taught me that ALTERNATIVE mounting systems are readily available
because, i WILL be buying that tankbag... and i ALWAYS ride with GPS
and.... at 5'6" there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that i'll be able to see that BMW NAV II over the tankbag

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GT tankbag does not block the GPS -- UNLESS -- you have it completely unzipped and expanded to the maximum capacity. Hell, at that size, it blocks the instrument cluster. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
eljeffe said:
The GT tankbag does not block the GPS -- UNLESS -- you have it completely unzipped and expanded to the maximum capacity. Hell, at that size, it blocks the instrument cluster. :D
i'm glad to hear that because i was going to ask you to send me a copy of your YELLOW PAGES BOOK..... to sit on, so that i can see :D
i'm sure you guys must a very big one :ricky
(phone book, that is)

·
Registered
108 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i'm glad to hear that because i was going to ask you to send me a copy of your YELLOW PAGES BOOK..... to sit on, so that i can see :D
i'm sure you guys must a very big one :ricky
(phone book, that is)

Don't worry, I'm the same size as you and the tankbag doesn't block anything for me (unless fully expanded and stuffed). I did have to go for the low seat option so I could reach the floor though...

·
Registered
68 Posts
pipenslippers said:
Don't worry, I'm the same size as you and the tankbag doesn't block anything for me (unless fully expanded and stuffed). I did have to go for the low seat option so I could reach the floor though...
thanks for that info
i really appreciate it..... very very much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all.
Thanks for the info, eljeffe.
And Radio-CD?, so that not exite that option.
good bye

P.d.: sorry, I don't speak english, or very litle.

---------------------------------------------------
Hola a todos.
Gracias por la info, eljeffe.
¿Y Radio-CD?, ¿por qué no exite la opción?
Saludos
P.d.: lo siento, no hablo apenas inglés.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts