BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I finally got around to starting this. I thought I'd be "cute" and buy two of them and connect the two to look like something like this...

from http://www.probike.co.uk

Unfortunately, I didn't realize the harbor freight tool are canted backward every so slightly.

I bought two on sale for just under $100. Picked up a 2x2 steel square tube to connect the two but found out that they not only didn't line up horizontal, they were canted at slightly different angles (cheap quality control).

So I broke out the metal tools and cut a small wedge out of the upright and welded it back straight up and down. so far I've finished one side... ugggg..

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finished the other side. I'm out of practice welding. :(

Brackets for one side are made and I test fitted with a spare engine sans trans, clutch and head. I was able to lift this by hand and fit it up.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Totally not worth the time... lol

not perfect either. there is a sticky point rotating the engine around that is because the two barrels aren't exactly lined up.
oh well, at least it's functional.

next up is to put the k1300s engine up on the stand and clean and prep it for the transplant into my k12r. :popcorn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts