BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Dec 3rd took a great ride over to highway 9 and down it to felton for breakfast. I don't mind telling you it was cold. I opted to wear my summer leathers with warmies under them. Let me tell you, those perforations to keep you cool in the summer aren't even noticeable in the summer, they sure are in winter. We too had the heated grips on. I'd put mine on high for a while and then drop it down to low. Kept the old digits toasty warm except when I removed said digits from the grips to wave at another masochistic motorcycle rider as we passed them. Most of the other bikes I see in the winter are either Harleys or BMW. Say what you will about the harley crowd, they at least ride. Highway 9 was nice and clear with the exception of the usual winter stuff on the road. Tree limbs, pine needles and rocks.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I know what you mean when you don't see many other riders out when it's cold. I am heading to Phoenix at 2am tomorrow. It's 5 hours of I-5, then north 200mi. to an overnight at Laughlin and home on Thursday. The things we do for a ride.
Bruce C

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brucecha said:
I know what you mean when you don't see many other riders out when it's cold. I am heading to Phoenix at 2am tomorrow. It's 5 hours of I-5, then north 200mi. to an overnight at Laughlin and home on Thursday. The things we do for a ride.
Bruce C
I'm hoping you have heated gear? If not sir, you are even more masochistic than I am. :eek:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
bhaynnes said:
I'm hoping you have heated gear? If not sir, you are even more masochistic than I am. :eek:
I am riding a '04 KRS. I have heated grips,heated Aerostich vest, silk glove liners ski overpants and a balacalava.
My mistake on my earlier post. It's I-10 to Phoenix, not I-5, sorry for the error. I'm out of here.
Bruce C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts