BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday, the Northeast got hit with a freak snowstorm dumping 2 inches to 2 feet of the white stuff, where I was going to ride today to the Catskills to see the leaf colors.
Hopefully, it will melt over the next week, so we can see what is left as the frozen leaves fall down by next week..

Damn, I will just clean and polish the bike today and hope for warmer temps...................

·
Registered
213 Posts
larrykay said:
yesterday, the Northeast got hit with a freak snowstorm dumping 2 inches to 2 feet of the white stuff, where I was going to ride today to the Catskills to see the leaf colors.
Hopefully, it will melt over the next week, so we can see what is left as the frozen leaves fall down by next week..

Damn, I will just clean and polish the bike today and hope for warmer temps...................
Did you lose power? My brother in Eastern PA still has his off. Said he never saw so many limbs and power lines down.

Here's to hoping the Catskills didn't get hit so bad and there are still some leaves for you to see!

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remphoto said:
Did you lose power? My brother in Eastern PA still has his off. Said he never saw so many limbs and power lines down.

Here's to hoping the Catskills didn't get hit so bad and there are still some leaves for you to see!

No, we did not lose power at my house, but several isolated ones in the area did. We did have some scares when the flights flickered or went off for a few seconds. i put in a generator last year, so I did well during Hurricane Irene when we lost power for 3 days. i "loaned' my immediate neighbors some extension cords to run their refrigerators and a few light bulbs.

Anyway, the temps are up and the snow has pretty much melted. at my house. So, by the weekend, I hope to see what leaves are left upstate...
:) :) :)

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More riding left this season

Yea! Snow is gone, temps are in the low 50's & the foliage is still viable. No hard freeze for the leaves to drop.
Sunday it is a 250 mile ride upstate by the Delaware River with the Westchester Beemers. So far, there are 5...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts