BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 6K service done today, along with new tires. Long story short, I didn't have the 2 hours to spare to do the update. My GT's running fine, so I'll get it updated after my CCR trip. Sorry for any disappointment...

·
Registered
68 Posts
you made the right decision for you at this point.... it can always be done later
no big deal

ride safe

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good call Joe.
How did it go on your 6,000 mi service? what was the countdown to valve adj.?
I only ask because if anyone has excersised the valve train, you have ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTdavey said:
Good call Joe.
How did it go on your 6,000 mi service? what was the countdown to valve adj.?
I only ask because if anyone has excersised the valve train, you have ;)
No valve check or adjustment yet. That'll happen at 12K.

And yes, I have "excersized" the GT a little bit...guilty! :p But that's why I bought it. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
No valve check or adjustment yet. That'll happen at 12K.

And yes, I have "excersized" the GT a little bit...guilty! :p But that's why I bought it. :)
that's what they made them for
i'll be doing.... the very same thing in 2 weeks
why else have a bike if you can't ENJOY it...
and the word "ENJOY" means different things to different people

in the OFF chance that my AGGRESSIVE break-in methods really ARE bad for the bike....
i'll enjoy it as long as i can.... and, after it blows up...... i'll trade it in for ANOTHER ONE :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
messenger13 said:
Got my 6K service done today, along with new tires. Long story short, I didn't have the 2 hours to spare to do the update. My GT's running fine, so I'll get it updated after my CCR trip. Sorry for any disappointment...
Once the mechanics have done it a couple of times, it should take less than an hour. My wife had hers done Friday, and the difference in low speed fueling is nothing short of amazing. It was the first one that they had done, and it still only took about an hour.

·
Registered
41 Posts
7.0 update

Hey guys,
I've got the same report. Had the update done yesterday. Motoring thru traffic is now smooth as silk. I couldn't believe it. Ther were 2 components to the upgrade. The 1st took 27minutes. The 2nd about 20minutes. There was a brief email that the tech had to refer to tore-enable the windscreen control. My bike was the 1st he had done, and even with that, he had no problems. Coming home via the slab, I didn't notice any change in power or acceleration, fwiw.
My advice, go for it.
Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts