BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get quite a bit of interferance through my headset from the engine and specifically the brake hydraulic motors.

Clearly, the sollution is to fit a capacitor across the power supply... Does anyone have any experience with this? i.e. What size cap. to use? :confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
interference

You don't mention if you are using a GPS with your setup but if you are, you need a ground isolater audio cable to hook the GPS into the sound system. My K12S with a mixer, radar detector and satelite radio work fine until I plug the GPS in then I hear all of the noise you mention, the isolater was the solution.
Both MIXITPRODUCTS.COM and ACCESSORYWORKSHOP.COM here in the states sell the needed cable. Hope this helps
H

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no GPS link

Nope, not using any GPS... the interferance is there when only using the rider-pillion intercom... thus must be comming through the power source... I think it's the same kind of problem that old car radio's used to have, which was solved by inserting a capacitor between the terminals of the battery

·
Registered
57 Posts
Vanguard said:
Nope, not using any GPS... the interferance is there when only using the rider-pillion intercom... thus must be comming through the power source... I think it's the same kind of problem that old car radio's used to have, which was solved by inserting a capacitor between the terminals of the battery
Just go down to radio shack and get one of thier small car stereo power line filtiers.
3 wires, 5 minutes and you don't have to worry about screwing up some electronic gizmo with a 1930's shade tree fix.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I also had a noise interference problem with my Autocom unit when first installed. I would get a "wine" which would increse with engine speed. My autocom unit was located under the seat in the area of the tool box on a K1200GT. I resolved the problem in a very inexpensive manner. I took some alluminum foil and placed in between two paper towells and them wrapped the autocom unit with this and secured it with tape. I then connected a wire to the alluminum and grounded it to the frame - no more noise problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts