BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 K1200rs that I have had since new. About 36K miles on it now. sometime back it seemed to have developed a pronounced, especially noticable at lower speeds , say 40 mph or less - maybe just because wind noise is less, an almost what would sound like a "deep errrrrrr" noise coming from the front it appears. I do most of my own work on the bike and am thinking tires ? but was there wiht the last set too. No vibrations in the handlebars or shimmy or anything that really concerns me day to day...... anybody seen this? Thanks ! Pete

·
Registered
233 Posts
100% agree, the tires! My Bridgestones started the same growl last weekend during a 980 mile trip through the Adirondacks. When I got home I checked the front tires and they have definately developed what "grifscoots" said... Lots of tread left too but now they are history! :wtf:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I agree, it's the front tire. Almost any brand will groan in protest when it's about worn out (even if it looks like there is quite a bit of tread left).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, I am running a Bridgestone on the front. Had a flat and all they had at the time. I will swap it out with another brand and try that. Thanks for all the input!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts