BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm thinking about buying the NOMAR Pro and was wondering if anyone else on here has one or has experience with one?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've got the 'middle' one, can't remember if it is the pro but its one up from the classic. I bought the package deal.

I like it. Although I have to say, when your mounting stiffer or bigger tires its more difficult to keep the wheel from spinnng while your using the bar. more practice and careful application of lube in the right place helps a lot. Leaving the tires in the hot AZ sun helps even more and precludes the use of the spoons sometimes.

typically, i use the giant (goldwing) spoons to mount the rear tire on the KS and also the LTC, its just easier. makes you wonder why you'd buy the whole setup when your using spoons anyways but i use the full anti for front tire mounting. Removing the tires is no problema on the machine no matter what tires are on.

I can change a front tire in minutes, rear takes a bit longer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've got a No Mar. Not the pro but I find the more I use it the better I get at it.

I have a bunch of friends that ride. We've had two "Tire Changing Parties" at my house. I've done 7 in one day during one of those parties. One rear mounted backwards (owner insisted it was right at the time). I fixed it for him.

I don't charge friends for this but I have already gotten my money back on my own tires. My dealer wants $50 for a ride in tire change. If a pipe is in the way add another $15. Pretty steep. At $50 per tire I had my money back in less than one year since I have multiple bikes and I run softer compound tires.

I have had problems with the tire slipping in the changer too. Make sure you keep the opposite side of the tire from the bar all the way in the relief valley. I just stop moving the bar a press the tire back in place and it really helps.

These things are a great deal and No Mar will work with you to build a purchase package if you already have some of the components (like the bar).

It' great to be able to change your own tires - on your time schedule. I always seem to need a change NOW. Like getting ready for a track day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts