BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello. Picking up my 1988 K100RS SE this afternoon. Can't wait. Bike has 32K, very well maintained. Lower back problems forcing me to sell my 2004 Honda RC51 (ouch) and purchase sweet BMW with better ergos for my 46 year old frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the identical bike. You will enjoy it. With the proper motivation, you can rip off 800+ mile days and still walk at the end of the day. If it has the stock rear shock, you might want to review the Realm Engineering RAM shock thread below and get on the list for the second round of group purchases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mates. I'm in possession of the new bike. First ride was about an hour and a half of varying roads and terrain. My first impressions are that it's a bit clumsy at slow speeds (heavier than I'm used to), uber stable at speed, and light as a feather on the twisties. I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area. The bike has all the luggage (with inner bags) too.

A koni shock was added a few years ago. Seems to ride great. Overall, I'm really pleased with the bike. It's my first BMW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts