BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired up my RS this morning for a ride. It was sitting for about a week.

It was blowing some smoke. I heard this is normal.

When I blasted down my street, I noticed I left quite a trail of blue smoke. My neighbours will love me~!

By the time I reached the end of my street (after a few minutes), most of the oil was burned off.

Is this normal?

I asked my dealer about this, and he said "welcome to BMW ownership" and said that my neighbours will appreciated the fact that I was keeping the mosquitos at bay! :rotf:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sidestand or centerstand? On the sidestand, you will almost always get some smoke as the oil seeps past the rings into the combustion chamber

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yep, one day she'll smoke, next she wont. As long as you're not going through oil, your ok.
Always park it on the centre stand.
As you said, welcome to BMW K Bricks. Also, you'll soon comment on the 'box of rocks' noise from the gear box. It's normal (albeit embarrassing when people look or comment!)
Enjoy your new bike mate, and ride safe.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
As everyone who responds to this thread will tell you: Park it on the centerstand!

Well, I got tired of humping the damn thing on and especially off the centerstand and bought a Baxley Sport Chock:http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html
It turned out to be one of the best investments I made on my KRS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brucecha said:
As everyone who responds to this thread will tell you: Park it on the centerstand!

Well, I got tired of humping the damn thing on and especially off the centerstand and bought a Baxley Sport Chock:http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html
It turned out to be one of the best investments I made on my KRS.
Thanks all. On the centre stand it will go when storing overnight.

I like that stand brucecha! I wonder how much shipping would be to Canada? :(

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Kurgan said:
Thanks all. On the centre stand it will go when storing overnight.

I like that stand brucecha! I wonder how much shipping would be to Canada? :(
Click on "find a dealer" on the Baxley Chock home page. Several Canadian dealers are listed.
Also check Google and eBay.

Oh, do to the weight on the front wheel of a KRS, the chock can slide a little forward when trying to use it. I just leave it against the garage wall and never had a problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
just warm it up

after warmed up , and a clear road is in plain view, bring it up to just after 8000 then ,in a instant ,shift into 2nd ,the clutch is realy just a second thought, as if it realy was not disengaged ,this action should cary the front tire for some distance, after whitch you bring it up to about 8500rpm and make the same motion into 3rd then you are traveling at over 100mph when you are thinking about 4rth now your looking way down the road. :clap: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts