BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been avoiding posting this, as Ive been trying to convince myself it's my imagination....it's not. It started about 150 miles ago as a slight tingle in my footpegs (especially the left) and has now developed into a discernable vibration going from the pegs up to the handlebars. I have about 2,000 miles on it now and was expecting to get less of the very little vibration I had as it broke-in.....not the opposite! I've done all the obvious visual and physical checks that one would do in this type of scenario.........nadda frigg'n thing! I wanna add that this is not the typical 6 grand vibe that most all R's exhibit. It runs the whole rpm gamut and it's almost like having no counter-balancing system or, accelerating from a too low in the rpm range. I'm very concerned and was hoping one of you out there could possibly shed some light on this aggravating crap. It's damaging my luv affair with my bike. Luv stinks, thanx 2t2f

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got to ride the K12R demo from bike week in Atlanta. It had a bad vibe and I think it was from the clutch pack because it had a very narrow engagement. I drove the K12S right after and it was butter smooth compared to it. We had a little talk about them and the pep's running the demo's said they believe that someone got a little squidly with it. I say that you use your warrenty and get it fixed.

·
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
captainasty said:
I got to ride the K12R demo from bike week in Atlanta. It had a bad vibe and I think it was from the clutch pack because it had a very narrow engagement. I drove the K12S right after and it was butter smooth compared to it. We had a little talk about them and the pep's running the demo's said they believe that someone got a little squidly with it. I say that you use your warrenty and get it fixed.
Come ta think of it....While in gear and and the clutch pulled in , I get an audible (and physical) clunk when I rev the engine lightly. This may be inherent to the hyd. clutch, but it's nothing Ive experienced before? 2t2f

1 - 3 of 3 Posts