BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been running around for the last couple years with a non-function odometer. It really didn't bother me to much as I could just rely on the idiot gas light to let me know how much further I could travel. But as of late, it has started to bug me. One issue is the fact that I cannot keep track of miles spent; therefor preventative maintenance is hard to nail down. Second it just the fact that I hate to have something broken on the bike; call me a perfectionist, but I hate knowing it's not ticking away miles. Plus, I don't get the joy everyone else gets in celebrating mile marker milestones!

With all this being said, I have found a company willing to replace the four gear set for cheap. Almost the cost of what other companies charge for one gear.

Up to this point the main drag about not getting them swapped out was the cost. I could not believe how much a grooved piece of plastic sold for!

Long story short, I need at least 9 other people to make this happen. email or im for details: [email protected][gmail.com]

Count me in list:

pompadour - Chris

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a complete early K100 speedometer spare. The mechanical bits should interchange with no problem. No damage except for the speedo needle stem is broken. Want to make a deal?

Frank

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duckbubbles said:
I have a complete early K100 speedometer spare. The mechanical bits should interchange with no problem. No damage except for the speedo needle stem is broken. Want to make a deal?

Frank
No, not really, I would prefer new gears vs. the motometer gears in your, and every other box. They are known to deteriorate with age and the last thing I would want to do, is do it twice.

Thanks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts