BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried out new Metz Z6 front today to properly "seat" tire. Recommended from Metzeler to keep below 60 mph first 50 miles. Boy, she handled nice. My buddy really did an excellent job of balancing (as far as I can tell) and tomorrow rear wheel comes off to put on the rear Metz. I'm a nut case, and I know my friend is (K12RS) so, when are Harley-Yamaha friends have their bikes garaged, we'll be riding into December (upstate N.Y.) .

·
Registered
186 Posts
1200GTosprey said:
Tried out new Metz Z6 front today to properly "seat" tire. Recommended from Metzeler to keep below 60 mph first 50 miles. Boy, she handled nice. My buddy really did an excellent job of balancing (as far as I can tell) and tomorrow rear wheel comes off to put on the rear Metz. I'm a nut case, and I know my friend is (K12RS) so, when are Harley-Yamaha friends have their bikes garaged, we'll be riding into December (upstate N.Y.) .
Just curious, what tires did you have before the change? What did you noticed different on the handling?:D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tires.........

Lucky88 said:
Just curious, what tires did you have before the change? What did you noticed different on the handling?:D
Bike only has 5200 miles on it, I had original BattLax's on it (Bridgestone) which were junk. The front (I will be posting pics soon) as stated in previous posts by fellow members, "scalloped" badly. Front end was actually wobbling. Plus, my friend and I removed wheels, tires, etc... , and I saved over $160.00 on mounting. Plus, we did not scratch wheels up, unlike what the dealer did to his last time. Homemade bead breaker (even though I have a Harbor Freight breaker coming) and Marc Parnes balancer. The originally wheel weights were 20? grams, we did it so precise it was only 2 grams!. Today's project is removing rear wheel for tire replacement (Metzeler "B").

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are these the Metzler Roadtec Z6? what's a good price for fronts and rears before mount and balance?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tires.......

Lucky88 said:
Are these the Metzler Roadtec Z6? what's a good price for fronts and rears before mount and balance?
Go to: SWMOTOTIRES.com I got my (2) Metzeler Roadtec Z6's (front 120/70R-17, rear 180/55ZR-17 "B") for $221. delivered to my door in one week. I checked around, this was best price. Your rear may be a different size. Also, the "B" is a heavier sidewall tire designed for the K12GT, and FJR 1300 Yamaha. You might want a "B" if your big (like me) and carry a passenger and goodies.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks GTosprey, I check out the site. I carry lotsa weight like yours, so I'll spend the extra $ for the rear tire upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts