BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lee said:
Ray
Don't look now but I think your BMW tail bag died :)

Try a Chicane Mesa bag. It holds it shape better than the BMW bag and attaches to your carrier plate the same way your BMW bag does.

http://www.chicaneusa.com/mesa.htm
Well, yeah, it's been on the back for about 2½ years and 60k miles, 3/4 full and accessed on average of 4 times a day. It's been stretched a bit beyond it's limits, and spent most of it's time with contents shifted to the left side as the bike is usually parked on the sidestand. Usually the only thing on the bike that provides a place to put "stuff".

Might replace it with the hard case, but it's useful time is pretty much up. Fabric is showing signs of failure, but I can't complain...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
504 Posts
Razel said:
Well, yeah, it's been on the back for about 2½ years and 60k miles, 3/4 full and accessed on average of 4 times a day. It's been stretched a bit beyond it's limits, and spent most of it's time with contents shifted to the left side as the bike is usually parked on the sidestand. Usually the only thing on the bike that provides a place to put "stuff".

Might replace it with the hard case, but it's useful time is pretty much up. Fabric is showing signs of failure, but I can't complain...
I've got a T-bag for my GT. Good size, fits over the pillion backrest.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Santa Shame o;))

Great reading Ray.

Makes one think about those Nor Cal riders.

I thought I was the only old guy doing a KGT at 50+

Ride Safe.

Fletch

·
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great post, you must spend a lot of time at Cal Moto...not once I've seen you there yet:D .. on second thought, I must spend more time at SJ BMW :eek:)

A Rally 2 jacket for the GT, are u serious.... ok just kidding, it was for Santa Claus purpose. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
FletchTech said:
Great reading Ray.

Makes one think about those Nor Cal riders.

I thought I was the only old guy doing a KGT at 50+

Ride Safe.

Fletch
Nope, if you come to the Texas Hill country Round up, you'll find a whole bunch of us "oldtimers". Hell, at 50 something, Rays a young sprout. :teeth

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi
Talking about tail bags I just bought a JC Whittney hard tail case, not too big not too small. I love it. $80. Fits right to the BMW mount that you use with the OEM tail bag using a plate, brackets and screws. Really neat when monuted on the bike.

·
Registered
447 Posts
so you'll be there this year???

So I gather you and Mr. Razel will be in attendance again this year at THCR.... are you also headed to Alpine for the preTHCR?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts