BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...nope..it's a tire gauge one. MCN did a nice artiicle on it..so what does every one use/carry. Digital or Analog??

·
Registered
828 Posts
analog

The analog gauge cost about a buck and does the same job!

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Analog

As long as it's accurate, I'll stick with the analog pencil guage. :cool:

They are also a little harder to bend/break, or whatever, when carrying them on a bike.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
jay_hansen said:
As long as it's accurate, I'll stick with the analog pencil guage. :cool:

They are also a little harder to bend/break, or whatever, when carrying them on a bike.
I also read someplace (I often read someplace :) ) that the accuracy isn't as important as always using the same gauge. It seems as if there are often errors of 1 to 2 psi from the same manufacturer. I don't know, as I've never cared enough to check gauges before I buy one, but the advice seems logical.

p.s. An esteemed editor of one BMW club magazine has written numerous times of "their" unscientific tire check. Seems as if they get a kick out of randomly selecting bikes at rallies and checking the tire pressure. BE IT KNOWN TO ALL that if I find anyone with a tire gauge on my wheels when I'm hundreds or even thousands of mile from home, that I will kick them in the ass and THEN ask then what they are doing. -- Which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use both. You should always have two gauges no matter what type. That way you can cross check for accuracy.
I like the digital. I can read it.

Bazra
aka; The Flash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts