BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ridden along the Ohio River in Indiana on a mix of roads and enjoyed it. I would like to do a similar ride this weekend on the Kentucky side. Does anyone here have any suggested roads to take? or avoid?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in Paducah and I really think you would have better scenery and two lane roads if you cross over at Shawneetown or cave in rock ( there is a ferry that runs across the river here) and go through the Shawnee national forest scenic river roads they are a lot nicer than the roads on our side of the river as far as scenery.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
KY: Roads Along The Ohio River

Agree with the earlier post. There are an abundant number of great roads North of the river on the Ohio side. Basically 20 miles East of Cincinnati and around 40 miles North of the river...then all the way to the Eastern side of Ohio. The best $10.00 you can spend is to buy a map from Universal Map (see their web site) and buy two maps ($5.00each)...one will be Southwestern Ohio, and Southeastern Ohio. These maps show all the roads (gravel ones exlcluded) and they afford you a great look at alternate roads..some may only be 10-20 miles long and loop into other such roads....a great way to explore. BTW, two other maps are available for Ohio, NW and NE. In addition, they have three maps for Indiana, N, Central, and S. Great detail. Check out other states that Universal Map offers on their web site.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts