BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Ohlins is working on developing shocks that will work with BMW's ESA system?

I know they have their own "ESA" type of system available. I'm hoping they'll adapt a set of Ohlins shocks to work with the programed BMW ESA presets.

Please tell me this is in the works.

·
Registered
327 Posts
mark5lam said:
Does anyone know if Ohlins is working on developing shocks that will work with BMW's ESA system?

I know they have their own "ESA" type of system available. I'm hoping they'll adapt a set of Ohlins shocks to work with the programed BMW ESA presets.

Please tell me this is in the works.
Yes, although you're not allowed to buy it, or find any information on it, I found this on another forum.

Attachments

·
Rider Journeyman
502 Posts
22Yellow said:
Yes, although you're not allowed to buy it, or find any information on it, I found this on another forum.
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can buy it now.

Here is some INFO on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
22Yellow said:
I've seen the Ohlins system you have pictured. I'm not sure those will directly adapt to a ESA equipped BMW. The Ohlins system you're showing was, I believe, designed for use on almost any bike where a rider wishes to have an automatic adjusting shock system. It requires the use of Ohlins control module that you'd have to stick somewhere onto the bike.

I'm hoping to find out if Ohlins has shocks now or is working to develop a system that is specific to ESA equipped BMW's. One that simply replaces the current OEM shocks and functions the same as the original OEM system with BMW's ESA button and display presets.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I asked Jim at Pro Pilot Racing about this a while ago, and (IIRC) Ohlins did show a system for ESA at one time, but it never was actually available. Seems they took it off the market before it ever went on. Perhaps they're fixing it and will offer it later, who knows. They tend to introduce their new products in the spring.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I understand the OEM ESA shocks are very expensive. How long do they last? Are they rebuildable? I'm a fan of the concept, but not if you have to replace the OEMs every 15-20K for a ton of cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts