BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my '04 kgt may be getting ohlins. what is best price on front and rear.? can i get these 1" shorter? who is the best vendor?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ohlins

onlineparts.com is worth a look. There was another outfit that came highly recommended because of the service, seems like kyleracing.com or something close.

·
Registered
828 Posts
kyle racing

I just got my set from kyle racing. They are about the same price as hardracing. Top notch service and very helpful when you have questions. www.kyleusa.com

Are you installing the shocks yourself? the rears is not a difficult install and I documented my job fairly well for future reference. I was going to complete a writeup shortly, when I get around to it. My fronts arriveed a couple days ago and I haven't had a chance to install them as of yet. I need to change out the fuel/air filter anyway, so I have to remove the tank regardless.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
258 Posts
Worth the Money??

Not to highjack the thread but are they that much better than the stock GT shocks - are they worth the money - can you tell the difference. Have been debating on making the change on my 04 but want to know if you all think it is worth the $$.

Can you give me some idea on what you spent for the shocks and labor if you had the shop do the wrenching?

Thanks

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Replaced the front under warranty, so it's hard to say how much a front shock upgrade would "feel". The rear was changed back around 20k, and the ride was improved, but that's seat-of-the-pants evaluation. Both are due for a rebuild, and while the rear wasn't that much of a challenge, I'm really not sure about the removal of the front. Can't really tell how much of the bike you have to take apart to get the thing out. Or if there's special tools involved. Hopefully, Mark does his soon and provides a write-up. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts