BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Bosch oil filter replacement for the K1200RS? Every thing I've found so far is $20 each. K&N, Pure 1, and Fram(will not use) BMW is $29-30.
Thanks, DG

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It should be around $18.00 for that filter kit...I would stay with OEM....Its just chump change for OEM protection...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bosch 3033.....or is it 3330.....I'm pretty sure it's the former and not the latter now that I see it in print.....OEM is good ...... but not worth it if you change regularly and run your bike rather than let it sit...which isn't good at all........for the bike.......nor you........:D

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Brokerecord said:
Does anyone have a Bosch oil filter replacement for the K1200RS? Every thing I've found so far is $20 each. K&N, Pure 1, and Fram(will not use) BMW is $29-30.
Thanks, DG
The OEM bare filter is a little over $17.00 at MaxBMW online price and you can get the crush washers for $0.57 cents each. The oil sump cover plate o-ring is good for several filter changes at least.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oil filter pricing

$9.30. Up here in the great white north, they are something like $23. each.

And that's without washers etc. So why wouldn't I buy 6 of them for $50. US with all the necessary washers ?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
dohalloran said:
$9.30. Up here in the great white north, they are something like $23. each.

And that's without washers etc. So why wouldn't I buy 6 of them for $50. US with all the necessary washers ?
[You might want to check with these guys here, they are in Ontario and sell Mann Filters, if you open the webpage click on the Mann icon at the top, it should take you to the catalogue. If I have the number right you'd be looking for Mann MW-712. :)

http://www.rennsportautoparts.com/Default.asp

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
dohalloran said:
Did a search: No applications found.

It doesn't list m/c's, but a search of MW-712 pulled up nothing. :-(
Bummer....but they might be able to get some in, I can't contact them from here, will have to wait another 2 weeks. But I looked somewhere else yesterday and found the number quoted as 712 only, so maybe that is what is happening with the search function. :dunno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Flash, If a $6 Bosch, Pure-One, or NAPA can protect a [email protected],000rpm, with dirt from motor, clutch, and transmission. Then surely I don't need BMW wrote on the filter, to protect me @8,000 with only the engine to clean!
I'll save the difference and ride 200 miles of enjoyment! :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Brokerecord said:
Thanks Flash, If a $6 Bosch, Pure-One, or NAPA can protect a [email protected],000rpm, with dirt from motor, clutch, and transmission. Then surely I don't need BMW wrote on the filter, to protect me @8,000 with only the engine to clean!
I'll save the difference and ride 200 miles of enjoyment! :)
....on the Honda's are the filters immersed in the oil bath? or are they external?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I took the NAPPA filter and sprayed it with brake cleaner to see if the paint or letters would come off.

No they did not. Just like the BMW filter.

If I could only find an after-market Air filter.

none of that stuff is made by BMW, filters, oil shocks. But BMW is missing out on a big marketing item.

if all the BMW riders think BMW parts are so wounderful BMW should make tires with a BMW logo on them. I bet a lot of riders would buy them.

I bet some would change them every 3,000 miles just like their oil.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re:

The Honda has external screw on filter, and a drain plug in the bottom of the sump. About a 10-15 minute job, changing oil! ( on my 919 Hornet)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts