BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..an SSR3 video on a K1200RS.

It is a run through Vermont in '03 at an average of 100 for about 40 mins, safely! In my perspective, anyway.

This is special to me because it was done on the outstanding KRS.

Things to remember while you're watching.

1. It wasn't stage. I was never on this road before..and it shows, but..

2. I am 6'2" at about 235lbs.

3. The only time I drew a sweat was when a slow moving "HARLEY" pulled out in front of me from the right from a side street. Otherwise, I view it as a completely safe, fun ride.

4. It was one of the most "fun" in-the-dark rides that I've ever ridden.

5. The Mighty K is the best inspirational, confident inspiring bikes that I've ever ridden, and I've been riding since the age of 14. The ride here is at the age of 43.

6. Yep, that's me, Bear. :D

The download is about 50 min. for you fast broadband download guys. It is 419 MB in size, a 41 minute ride. Oh, one more thing, there is "ROCK" music that 'wanted' to be dubbed into it. You've been forewarned.

Enjoy!

Bear

http://www.k-bikes.com/uploads/ssr3.mpeg

*Special thanks to "randy" and the k-bikes.com crew!*

·
Registered
186 Posts
That looks like a fun ride. :yeah: What's the population in that town? I might of missed it, but didn't see one LEO!:thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great video. Watched it during my lunch hour. It was the next best thing to being out on the bike. Enjoyed the music also.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nice ride. Just like riding in California with about 98% less traffic, more trees and no "Johnny Law". Looks like a fun time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
great video

Who were you riding with? The Sierra roads around Tahoe are like that but with lots more traffic.

·
Banned
294 Posts
looks dangerous and reckless riding Bear

And I'm surprised because I've ridden a lot of miles with you over the years. It's just not like you. You might be the kind of rider that gives motorcylists a bad name. Keep up the good work and make it to BRPW this spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
radiowazee said:
Holy Shit -- you're a madman!

That 5 car + 1 bike pass around a curve looked pretty hairy and there were a few turns that looked like you almost lost it!

It could be a result of the camera angle, but, good god man, you're borderline out of control!
BEAR "out of control" ? That does not sound like the Bear I know...BTW did I pay ten bucks for that now free video?... How's Konnie with a K ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, thanks.. :)

In response to the posts:

Lucky88, believe or not I wasn't even watching for LEOs..though do most of the time when riding hard, had just put on a new Dunlop 205 on the back and had a fairly gooD M1 still on the front, and all that I can say is that it just felt right. Population of the town(s)?, don't have a clue (couldn't be many ;) ), but someone may know the area and shed some light on it.

bcg, thanks and that's why I had it posted with winter coming and all.

Blkvelvt, that's why I'm on the right coast and not the left ;)

Bhaynnes, at the end of the vid I was following Island Tony in to show a behind view of a really fast K :D

roadiowazee, no, not out of control..really, I was actually fairly easy with the ride compared to the roads that I know. Also, yes, you've got to remember the camera was peering through the shield and my head was elevated much higher and free of movement to see much more than the camera did. Yes, at times the road just in front of me wasn't as focused as it could have been (but still not even close to loosing it) and that's because my frontal lobe ram was busy looking at the big picture to keep the ride pretty safe from obstacles and potential hazards ahead, I'd say. No, not a madman here, I wouldn't still be here if I were, you know? ;)

Now as far as the other three wild men, I LUV YOU GUYS...and we will meet up again, I promise. :D

Oh, and Pete, you'll have to race me for that $10 I owe you. :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
edlk1200 said:
Thanks for the ride and music. Hope to be ridding in VT. next July.
Kewl, I'd do it again in a heartbeat..

·
Registered
267 Posts
10:28 in off a lefthander just after a bridge there is a smokey that might be doing a 69 with another unit...regardless, very nice video...you had me scanning and looking thru the turns the entire time :thumb: Looked like you were in control the whole time (even slowed for school zones :))

What was your camera setup like (mount and camera)?

Bear said:
Lucky88, believe or not I wasn't even watching for LEOs..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
andy45320 said:
10:28 in off a lefthander just after a bridge there is a smokey that might be doing a 69 with another unit...regardless, very nice video...you had me scanning and looking thru the turns the entire time :thumb: Looked like you were in control the whole time (even slowed for school zones :))

What was your camera setup like (mount and camera)?
Thanks! GooD eye with that possible LEO. That may also have been a junk car area and even a fireman's bubble on top. Also, yes, school zones are taboo; I use to drive a school bus at college, and God forbid if I'd ever hit a kid with this thing!

The video camera is a JVC GR-D70U with a picture stabilizer with an under the seat miniature 12/110v converter to tap into. The setup is a dremel'd stock windscreen with a hole just big enough to slide the filtered lens through. It sits on a flat velcro laced radar detector stand. Works quite nicely without any interference. I tried to get the gauges in the picture prior to this setup, but the angle of the windscreen(s) always distorted the road view. So..

·
Registered
181 Posts
You are spoiled rotten considering your limited traffic. However, just last Sunday I was allowed to go the front or West Grade and then down the East Grade of Palomar Mountain without one car in front of me!! The nirvana and good karma continued as I went around Lake Henshaw and down Montezuma Grade without any cars!!! Very hard to believe!!! A great time was had by...me, ridin alone!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bear, the only street vid that I have seen better than this is GhostRider, that say's alot. I could feel every turn. Damn VT is fun, the spaceship, the beat up roads that make the K12 shine, the whole scene.

A few pics from previous SSR's :)

DW

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
Bear;

Thanks for for taking the time to send it to me so we could get it uploaded. I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and the music definitely works.

Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
randy said:
Bear;

Thanks for for taking the time to send it to me so we could get it uploaded. I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and the music definitely works.

Thanks for sharing it.
Gotta say..you're welcome. And TY for posting it. May the site continue to prosper.

Vic, where is your arse at man?!! We 'need' THE SPACESHIP! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can't Download File ???

Did anyone else have trouble downloading this file ? I must have a setting in Internet Explorer wrong or something. Anyone have any idea ?

Thanks,
George

1 - 20 of 27 Posts