BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it looks like spring is upon us (or will be soon), I was wondering where everyone will be riding this year?

For me, it's:

Texas Hill Country Rally: Kerrville, TX, April 12-15, 2006

Rango's Roundup in Red River: Red River, NM, May 18-21, 2006
(Just a little gathering of LT/RS/GT/K/R riders in Red River, NM)

Top 'o the Rockies Rally: Paonia, CO, July 13-16, 2006

Curve Cowboy Reunion: Braselton, GA, August 29-September 1, 2006
(The annual BMW Luxury Touring event)

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
The Alps and World Cup

Well, if all goes well (meaning: if my brother comes through with the tickets) I will spend two to three weeks riding around the Alps and watching the World Cup soccer tournament in Germany.

My idea is to attend the opening match and a couple of other matches in Munich and other surrounding locations for the first two weeks of the tournament while alternating rides through the nearby Alps. Then I will park the bike at the airport in Munich, fly back to Madrid for a couple of weeks (and get some work done) with the intention of returning at the beginning of July to catch the semi-finals and the final (which will be in Berlin and will require me to drive on those oh so "slow" moving autobahns, damn! :)).

Now all I have to do is hope my brother comes through with those corporate tickets he's supposed to have access to.

If there are no tickets then I'll just have to ride around the Alps a few more days than planned (not a bad option either).

·
Registered
212 Posts
summer ride

we are planing on going to the bmw ra rally at boise 7/6 then on to top 'o the rockies 7/13 that will let us ride the CO alps

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So far

Reservations made for SSR in June and BMW MOA in July (Vermont), will do the Ice Cream Run (local benefit), Keith Code at Loudon, NH and trip to NC in August, Finger Lakes Rally in September - along with day rides on weekends to VT, MA, CT and just around NY.

Still considering BRPR (Peaks of Otter), can get the time off work - just not sure yet.

Here's to clear, sunny, warm summer days ahead and safe travels to all!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just one loop.......

Alaska. Going to meet 2 buds in Michigan, pick up a third in Winnipeg, then head to Ron Ayres HyderSeek. Coming home via CA, visit with my brothers, the Grand Canyon, then south to New Orleans, and on to home.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bobmws said:
Alaska. Going to meet 2 buds in Michigan, pick up a third in Winnipeg, then head to Ron Ayres HyderSeek. Coming home via CA, visit with my brothers, the Grand Canyon, then south to New Orleans, and on to home.
Bob, you're my hero now....I'm planning that for 2007....Are you stopping at Hyder or are you gonna continue north?

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
The wife and I are looking at the Edelweiss tour of Greece. We did the Alps tour with them last year and had a great trip.
Probably do some local rides along the Oregon/Calif coast and maybe east of the Cascade Mountains if the weather doesn't improve.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Touring this year

Together with a friend and a brother-in-law I will go to the south of England in may, South downs, Stonehenge, Dartmoor. Then we will go north and visit Wales, from south to north. I've been to England and Wales before and Wales is beautiful as well as quiet. Great roads (twisties) but with a very good chance of rain. Well, there has to be something to moan about. The middle part of Wales is populated with sheep and has a lot of cattle-grids in the roads. The north is especially nice, with the area around Mount Snowdon. The trip will take about 8 days.
We did trips for the past years to Italy and Austria, but wanted to see something else this year.
My friend Bert has a BMW R1150GS (black with red seat), my brother in law has a Honda ST1100 Pan European.

·
Registered
133 Posts
BMWRSM rally in May. Hermit Island Maine

BMW Club Quebec in June, near riviere du loup then a week off to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia

MOA vermont in July

Maybe BRPR & SSR if I can .

Eric

·
Registered
158 Posts
BRP to Deals Gap in April, W.VA in July, NY-VT-ME-NH in October. Lot's of weekend rides.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not planning on attending any official events so far, but I'm possibly looking to head out to CO Springs just before the start of summer. Can't say whether this old body of mine can make it or not, but I'd sure as hell give it my best effort. :ricky

·
Registered
407 Posts
El Jeffe... No going through AZ or UT this year? I might go to Paonia but family vac plans will influence. Will look for you if there.

By month, loosely looking like...

April... See mom and dad in midwest

May... Possible rental after business in the U.K.

June... Roam CO / UT here and there

July... Possible Paonia

Aug... Overseas business. Possible rental

Sept... 25th Anniversary trip with wife :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts