BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just in time for the next round of Darwin awards.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That shows the mentality of a lot of them type riders. Spend 18-20K on a bike, afraid to ride more than 50 miles, then use a $5.00 board as a ramp to load the bike into a trailer or pick-up. Where can I buy his bike a salvage so I can take to the next slack jaw drool slobering Harley show and light it on fire and try to put it out by peeing on it. Just make me want to run out and be one of them "HOG" members. DORKS!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wildbeast, you can have the H-D, I want to know bout the home in Port St. Lucie.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lighten Up!

Jeez people, go easy ... you're inferring an awful lot from a sketchy report and unknown circumstances. Could just as easily have been a BMW LT as a HD.
Another rider gone doesn't deserve a slam.

I'm walking away with the thought that if some time in the future I HAVE to load my bike onto a truck I'll be very careful making up the ramp and won't attempt it if I'm alone ... a pretty expensive lesson considering what the guy had to pay to give it to me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is why I have a trailer for the bike and a truck to tow it with. 650 dollars for the trailer and I am still alive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I agree that some are being harsh - we've all done doofus things and the penalty shouldn't be death.

Someone pointed out to me that you can almost always find a berm/slope somewhere. Back a truck up to that and you can often end up with a nearly level ramp, or no need for a ramp at all.

This from the campground at Bulow:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
While I was searching for a front wheel chock, Condor has one that is attatched to a little 4 wheel dolly. You put the bike into it, then winch it up into a truck or trailer. Then you just reverse the procedure and lower it back down. Try this link:
http://www.condor-lift.com/they_works.htm#ctcl

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts