BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of going to a wider tire on my k12, currently 5". Is a rim from a k1200s a direct bolt on? :dunno: thanks dave :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
smokerider said:
I was thinking of going to a wider tire on my k12, currently 5". Is a rim from a k1200s a direct bolt on? :dunno: thanks dave :)
I'm purdy sure it isn't...the drive line is on the left side of the S whole different animal or did you mean RS?...if you ment RS than yes its the same mount ...you can pick up the 5.5 inch RS/GT for around $350.00 or so used...Did you try Beemer Bone Yard?...some times you see people wanting to trade a 5.5 for a 5...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
smokerider said:
Thanks I ment rs , do you think there is any advantage as far as handling? regards dave
I really couldn't say cause I never had the 5 inch wheel but geometry is geometry so my guess is that the turn in would be a little slower with the 5.5 not sure I'm just relying on common thought..Not really my cup of tea if you know what I mean..but it looks cooler

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have had both 5" and 5.5" the 5" has less to no drift to the right and will turn in faster if you like to ride fast & hard.

the 5.5" puts more rubber on the ground ( but I never calculated how much) for more grip.

I like the 5.5" better

Interchangeablity. yes the 5.5" will fit inplace of the 5" . Both tire use the same size wheel spacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts